.2

Chapter Two: Fan-freaking-tastic

Steve Rogers sat sombrely, watching the tv glow as it went into graphic detail of the horrible events in Lagos that had unfolded

Steve Rogers sat sombrely, watching the tv glow as it went into graphic detail of the horrible events in Lagos that had unfolded. He felt disgusted with himself, but he knew that this was part of the job. Saving everyone is not always an option; in fact, it rarely was.

As he shut off the tv with a defeated sigh, his ears perked up at the sound coming from a room not too far from where he was. He walked slowly towards the room of the young Sokovian girl, finding that Wednesday Wilson was doing the exact same thing.

They made eye contact, sharing a knowing and understanding look. They walked to her door, watching as Wanda was staring intently at the tv that was mocking her existence. Just as the news anchor began critiquing what rights Wanda had as a human, Wednesday grabbed the remote and shut the tv off in anger.

"It's my fault," Wanda's accent peeked the attention of the other two avengers in the room.

"That's not true," Steve mumbled, his fatherly instincts kicking in.

"Turn the tv back on. They're being very specific," Wanda almost laughed.

"I should have stopped Rumlow way before you had to deal with him. He said 'Bucky' and I turned right back into a 16-year-old kid from Brooklyn. And people died. It's on me," Steve sighed, sitting down next to Wanda on her bed.

"It's on all of us," Wednesday corrected, placing a hand on Steve's shoulder.

"This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... next time... maybe nobody gets saved," Steve held eye contact with Wanda as Wednesday kept her hand on his shoulder, moving her other hand to Wanda.

Suddenly, Vision appeared in the room, metabolizing through the wall. Wednesday jumped, closing her eyes in frustration as she did this every time he appeared.

"Vis! We talked about this," Wanda sighed.

"Yes, but the door was opened so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving," Vision sighed in defeat. Steve nodded, slowly standing up.

"Thank you. We'll be right down," Steve nodded as Wednesday groaned at the thought of Tony Stark and his sarcasm- despite the fact that she could serve it just as much as he could.

"I'll.. use the door. Oh, and apparently he's brought a guest," Vision paused at the door.

"Do we know who it is?" Steve asked.

"The Secretary of State."

"Oh, fan-freaking-tastic." Wednesday sighed, throwing her head back.

——————————

"Five years ago... I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my backswing," the Secretary of State began his spiel, causing Wednesday to nod off into her own world.

"What's this got to do with us?" She breathed to herself, but her brother nudged her shoulder from his seat beside her, letting her know that he heard her complaint.

"But while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some... who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'." The Secretary finished, but Wednesday had no clue what he had said in between.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha calmly challenged, and Wednesday hid her secret smile.

"How about 'dangerous'? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals... who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" Secretary Ross began showing images from past Avengers battles, some of which the young Wilson was not a part of, and some of which she was.

She held her tongue at the sights before her, feeling her stomach churn at the thought of the destruction left behind of them trying to do good. She watched as the people she called her family all reacted differently to each event that caused them great pain. The screen changed to a seen from Lagos, panning out to the face of a dead young girl, causing Wanda to look away in disgust.

"Okay, that's enough," Wednesday spoke up, shocking most people in the room as she hadn't said a word out loud yet.

"For the past four years you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution. The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries... it states that the Avengers shall now operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary." Secretary Ross threw a large document down on the table in front of Wanda. She took one glance at it and pushed it across the table to Rhodes, who picked it up and begin flipping through it.

At this time, Wednesday had noticed that the billionaire robotics expert had not said a word this entire meeting, causing her to look up to see him holding his hand in front of his mouth and staring in one place. She began to think of the real possibility of what these accords could do; or solve.

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that," Steve argued. Wednesday sighed in frustration over what she felt was right.

"Look, three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. Talk it over." Secretary Ross firmly states, gathering his things and getting ready to leave.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha didn't even look up as she tossed out the thought that everyone was thinking. Secretary Ross stopped, turning back to the room of enhanced individuals with a look of superiority.

"Then you retire."

Part two is up! These will be kind of long chapters, and again they won't follow exact movie lines because that would make it even longer, but I promise Peter's stuff is coming in the next few chapters!!!!!!