.3

Chapter Three: Tearing Us Apart

Wednesday watched in complete stress as arguments were slowly raising

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor which is one more than you have," James Rhodes called out to Wednesday's older brother, causing him to cross his arms.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam Wilson rebuttals, his face contorting into frustration.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, 'no, that's cool, we got it'," Rhodes stood up, causing Wednesday to grab his shoulder and lightly push him back into his seat.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam scoffed, causing his sister to shoot him a warning glare. She was too young to be acting like this much of a Mother.

"I have an equation," Vision interrupted. Wednesday sighed in agony and tuned out most of the conversation.

How did they all expect this to end? It seemed like everyone had a different and very strong opinion about the situation, and Wednesday was sick of the division. They were supposed to be a family. Her only family, besides her actual brother.

"Tony... you're being uncharacteristically non-hyperverbal," Natasha's voice pulled Wednesday back into her senses, causing the young girl to look over at Tony.

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve deadpanned.

"Boy, you know me so well. Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain," Tony walked his way over to the sink and groaned.

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He griped sarcastically. Wednesday watched as he tapped on his device and the face of a young dark-skinned boy appeared in holographic form.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul... before he parked it behind a desk. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia." Tony grumbled, causing Wednesday's heart to ache. Charlie didn't look much older than her.

"He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass. There's no decision-making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys," Tony finished, his stature showing dominance and superiority. Wednesday knew he was right.

Arguments broke out with Steve headlining that they were treading into dangerous waters if they surrender their right to choose what they can and can't do. After some more witty remarks, Natasha spoke up again.

"Maybe Tony's right. If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off..." she trailed off, and Tony gasped.

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam interjected, and this time Wednesday decided to speak up after her prolonged silence.

"She's just... reading the terrain. We have made some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back. We need to stick together, guys. We're a family," Wednesday finished, and Sam was appalled that his baby sister was not on his side.

"Focus up. I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you two agree with me?" Tony gasped in fake shock. Wednesday glared sarcastically in his direction.

"Oh, I want to take it back," Wednesday groaned, and Natasha smiled towards the young girl.

"Nope! No take backs-" Tony's voice was drowned out in Wednesday's head as she heard Steve's phone go off. She took a very quick look as she was sitting closely on his right side.

Wednesday stared in confusion at the message that read 'She's gone. In her sleep'. She didn't understand until she saw the look of pure sorrow on Steve's face.

Peggy.

"I have to go." He interrupted suddenly, getting up harshly and walking away.

The group of enhanced people stared after their once proud leader retreating in a huff of emotion. Wednesday attempted to get up, but Natasha pulled at her arm.

"Hold on, Wen. Let him be for now-"

"No, Nat. I'm not going to let Steve go alone. He may not agree with what we have to say, but he's still family," Wednesday shook the skilled agent off of her arm, attempting to leave again.

"Wednesday, hold on," Tony called, but she spun around with a glare in her eyes, causing the billionaire to stand down.

"Don't you get it? This stupid thing is tearing us apart!" The young Wilson gave Tony a look.

"Look, I understand your argument, hell, I even agree with it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to abandon one of our own in a time of need. You lot need to grow up. And that's coming from the 16-year-old." Wednesday growled, storming out of the room.

Tony stared after her with a sigh. He knew the kid was right, but he also knew that his hands were tied. He knew this was going to come around to bite him in the ass, but he didn't know to what degree.

YALL it's been so long, I'm sorry, but hey in a few chapters you're favourite web-slinger shall appear!!!!!