Chapter 1: Millenians

All I see is black, the silence of which is broken moments later by a voice. "Male or Female?" It asked. I chose male for no particular reason. I plan to choose female in my next life. We are what you would call immortals, our race is called Millenians. Millenians are born into this world with which we find ourselves with certain knowledge already instilled within us.

This world has a population problem so it's rare to have a new life, however, I am one of them. I was just created and unlike other lifeforms I'm able to choose my gender and am fully aware of when I came into existence.

Our bodies start out with the appearance of a 10 year old, after our bodies grow for 10 more years, we stop physically aging, and our outside appearance retains the image of a 20-year old, when we are reborn we can choose between a 10 or 20 year old body, when I was being born I was in a void where I could see my body in 3rd person an a variety of different hair style eye colors and other unique features like face tattoos were shown to me, I tried them all until I was happy with my appearance, my body was that of a 10 year old child with black hair covering my right eye and a black tattoo right under it, my eye color was red, and I had a sharp tooth visible when I had my mouth closed because I though it looked cool.

I opened my eyes for the first time and I was on a white platform it had weird patterns on it with a black void beneath it and the horizon just seemed to be an endless white sky. I was in the soul stream. There were hundreds of other people appearing one after another, they were Millenains that had died and were being reborn.

Some chose to keep their appearances from their past selves as well as their age, some chose to become teenagers or even younger, an invisible force pushed us all off the platform to make room for then next batch of Millenains to appear. "What's happening?" I said to myself vocalizing my thoughts out loud, to my surprise I heard a voice in my head "When Millenians die or are born they end up in the soul stream where their souls reconstruct themselves, then they are pushed off to make room for the next set of Millenians." the voice was unfeeling and monotone.

I was hurled down into the town of Rosegate, where all the low leveled Millenains end up upon beginning their new lives. The beautiful green grass swayed in the wind, surrounding old huts made of stone, There was a building on the edge of the village where you could go to learn magic, information about the world, and skills, I was force fed knowledge while I was in the void, locations, phrases, I knew where places were or what purpose they serve without even visiting them, however my knowledge is limited to the first 3 towns in the area.

Our universe is made up of multiple replicas of a single world, about 200 or so, to accommodate an ever-growing population, since a single one couldn't fit all the beings since noone can die for good, the alternate worlds are called parallels, short for parallel worlds, they all look the same you could go between them at will. The one I was thrust in is a bit crowded for my liking. I decided to move to to parallel 132 since it's an odd number. Moving to another parallel is kinda like going up an elevator, you feel like the ground is pushing you up and you see an bunch of different versions of the place you were standing, with other people in different places, but you can't touch any of them, the you stop and regain your balance once you arrive in the parallel world you wanted to move to it's almost impossible to put it into words how changing parallels works and what it's like.

"Welcome to parallel 132" The same monotone voice I heard in the soul stream echoed in my head, welcoming me to my new surroundings. To my relief I notice the number of Millenians around me decrease, as they are transferred to other parallels. Millenians are born with a craving for strength were instinctively driven to get more power and skills, to do that we must finish quests given to us by lifeless instructors placed around the world. I decided to pay a visit to the magic shop to learn skills driven by instinct, Just before I'm able to take a step forward. The voice addresses me once more."Please state the preferred name with which you would like to be referred to as." it asked me politely. 

I pondered since this would be my permanent name ingrained in my soul, I stood in place for minutes thinking, at this rate this is gonna take all day I guess I'm bad at naming though I was just born a few minutes ago. I replied "Just call me Taylor, I guess..." it's an androgynous name and I am gonna be switching genders constantly so it works. The voice echoed in my head "Your last name has been choose, you will now be known as Taylor Bregg, there are currently 14872 Millenians with that name." 'Well with so many Millenians who can't die it's not like there'd be any name not taken.' I thought to myself. With nothing holding me back, I make my way towards the magic shop.

Stepping through the door of the magic shop, I find myself greeted by a female teacher whose responsible for teaching Millenians about magic.  "Hello are you the magic teacher?" I ask her. "I am a teacher A.I, a static person that exists in every plane for the sole purpose of teaching Millenians basic level magic." She answers back in a emotionless voice reminding me of the disembodied voice in my head.

I was curious what skills she could teach me, this was the first place newborn Millenains so I wasn't expecting much, "What skills can you teach me I'm level 1" I asked hoping for something decent.

"Iceball FireShot and LightningBolt" she replied in her monotone voice. I ended up taking out loud without thinking "Seriously that's all!?" I said loudly in disappointment. When I hear the name of a skill I automatically know what it does, and all these do it chuck balls of  ice fire or lightning at the opponent, they don't even do that much damage, after mulling it over I decided "I guess I'll chose FireShot" I said after a minute of thinking, since it's got the highest damage out of them all, after my selection I got a list of requirements in my head materials and enemies I have to kill.