Chapter 13: An Impossible Battle

A Millenain was standing over the corpse of a human, a mountain of gold was behind him, however now that the NPCs are gone there's no need for gold, I found a lot just lying around on my way here.

I was in a distorted world with a white void for a sky, and there was a black void below me, I was standing on a giant floating chunk of land, there were chunks of land that we upside down and sideways, if you touch the ground on them the gravity will change, and your perspective will be outta wack, which makes it incredibly difficult to battle here, plus since the earth doesn't repair itself if we destroy the island we'll fall into the endless abyss down below.

before he could move I shot a fireball, then a use [Combostar], it's a skill that allows you to load other skills then unleash them in a combo, I loaded [CounterAttack] [Smash] and [IceSpear}, [CounterAttack] will dodge and then retaliate against any attack, however it'll only work if you're using the right kind of weapon, if you get hit with a melee attack and have a sword your bare hands or any other type of close ranged weapon equipped then you;ll be able to counter a melee attack, however if they hit you with a ranged attack when you only have a melee weapon equipped then you'll 100% be hit, same goes for if you have a ranged weapon, your body will move on its own to dodge the attack and counter with twice the force, however when you have this loaded you won't be able to move.

When you've loaded [CounterAttack] your body will change stances depending on the type of weapon you have equipped, [Smash] is just a skill that uses 2x the force then a normal attack, but it'll drain your stamina, [IceSpear] is a skill that shoots out a spear of ice, that when pierces your opponent freezes him for a few seconds, the other skills are pretty much self-explanatory with there names.

He used [Fireball] and threw a highly condensed ball of fire at me, I canceled [Counterattack] and ran towards him, we clashed swords, the ball of fire exploded and destroyed half the platform, if I was on the part of the platform that was destroyed I' be falling in a bottomless abyss.

There's a huge problem with fighting a Millenian to the death seriously, potions they can repair the body, and Millenians always have an endless supply of them since they store thing's in their souls, there is also no limit to how many items they can store within themselves, then there's the fact that the amount of HP they have is ridiculously high at Legend rank.

It takes usually takes days of fighting nonstop until a victor is decided, and that's a regular duel without the use of potions, nevermind the fact that you can't fatally wound a Millenian, you'd have to slowly damage it enough so the fake body that's protecting the real body from damage disappears and you can hurt their main body.

This battle could take months to finish since Millenians barely feel fatigue, and even when we do we have stamina potions to make us feel as good as new, every second I fight him is another second a bunch of Humans are being slaughtered by Millenians, we kept throwing projectiles like [IceSpear] or [FireBall], then we used big skills like [ThunderStorm] and [LavaField].

I need to think outside the box, the world is changing and the rules are too, we used to only be able to use a skill by loading it with our minds then our bodies would do all the work, but I was able to fine tuned [Fusion] so I could reach into a person's memories, so what if I fine turned [RuleBending], I can use the [WorldBending] skill which allows you to change the environment and the rules of the world in a small area around you for 5 minutes, it uses all your mana and has a 1 month cool down time, I already used it this month so I should use [RuleBending], it's like a less powerful version of [WorldBending], it can alter gravity, the speed of your enemies, and make it so recovery items do damage instead of healing.

[RuleBending] also effects yourself, so it's more balanced, if I could teak that then I could knock him off the ring somehow, the forbidden technique that turned Millenians mortal but boosted their strength no longer works, so I used {RuleBending], an unbreakable shield appeared over me, the mana in the air was bending itself to my will and changing the area around me.

Using skills is always an automated process and you can't stop yourself in the middle of using one, ones like [CounterAttack] that load themselves you can cancel when you're in the stance to use it, I managed to stop myself before I finished the skill.

The world is changing, the apocalypse is changing the laws of physics, restrictions like weapon equips and the automated RPG like elements are slowly crumbling, so I took advantage of it, I changed the rules, so HP potions are poisonous and cause paralyses, however he can feel the changes but what he doesn't know is that I added a special rule.

No matter where my attack hits it'll hit him, for 5 minutes I can stab the air and hit him everytime, I pulled out my bloodsucker sword, it's legend class, the sword can suck the HP out of the enemy it stabbed and add it to yours, it also poisons the enemy, and slows them down and for 10 seconds after their stabbed they can't use skills, and their eyesight becomes worse with each hit.

The durability of such a powerful item is low, it'll break really fast to make up with it's ridiculous amount of debuffs.

I stabbed and slashed the air, it kept hitting him, he was confused I also kept using projectile attacks, and used MP draining skills with long cool-downs, [Annihilation] [Obliterate][BreakDefense][Berserk] they were all used in succession, his HP was dropping fast, he panicked and forgot HP potions were poisonous, his HP dropped so much that he lost his soul-body.

A Soul-Body is a piece of your soul that forms a body around your main body, the main body of a Millenian is similar to a humans, except they retain the ability to use skills and they keep their strength, however they can be decapitated lose limbs and be killed if they're stabbed in areas they would kill humans, they also lose blood unlike their Soul-Body which doesn't bleed it just has a red scar where it got hit.

I killed him, hurrah I won one less killer in the world, it took a hell of alot outta me, and my sword broke, my armor hidden under my T-shirt was also in bad shape, and my skills are in long cool-down, this brings up a problem I've never thought of when I thought 'I'll just kill all the Millenians that are killing Humans' I'm so dumb.

Thinking about it I can't kill all the Millenians that are killing humans, I was rashly acting on emotion, well I was deep in thought "to kill that many Millenians we'd have to become more powerful than gods it's not worth the trouble" a Voice resembling Jordyn echoed in my head "we'll end up fighting them anyway why don't we fuse with someone else again" it was Taylor that spoke this time.

Even though I've fused together sometimes my thoughts are split, and my personalities separate and fight amongst themselves, when the decision is split, Jordyn doesn't care that much about other people and Taylor cares about others alot, they tend to disagree on things regarding helping people when it causes problems for Tyler, their fused form who is both of them in one body.

The traits of them both may be combined however, they are still alive in the subconscious, normally lying dormant well the third personality takes over, only the third personality created from fusing their traits can control the body, however when there is a massive split between them and their actions contradict one of their wills, the third one will disappear and the body will shut down until they agree on what course of action to take.   

A way to kill Millenians easily, I'd have to gain a dramatic amount of power, and I think I know how...