Chapter 3:The Power Gap

"A DAY!?" he shouted pretty loudly, other Millenians looked our way but then went back to to whatever they were doing, I never really noticed but there were alot of different Millenians, with fancy rare looking armor different types of weapons, and they had a weird air of power coming from them

some of them were making weapons others were in a field behind us fighting giant monsters, some used huge magic that changed the landscape, I'm guessing if the land didn't repair itself there'd be no grass only craters

back to the conversation he face palmed and looked at me weird "you the youngest Millenian I've met was 2469 years old what level are you even at?" he surprised me I didn't realize how rare a newborn Millenian was.

"I'm level 12" I let out a sigh after revealing that embarrassing fact "well you're a day old so it can't be helped still I was level 26 when I was your age, you're to lazy" I never expected him to scold me about it, cut me a break I'm only a day old

"Well what level are you? since you level so fast I bet you're at a super high level" I said in an annoyed tone with a hint of curouisty , not a fan of smug people, "well after your level is over 9000 you stop counting"I wasn't that angered by his smug tone, I was more shocked than anything shocked "WHAT 9000!?"

I shouldn't sound so surprised since apparently the youngest he's met is 2469 I doubt I'll ever be able to measure up to the current Millenians the power gap seems to great. "Also just in case you wanted to know I'm over one million years old though after I hit one million I stopped counting so I don't even know how old I am."

"It looks like I'll never catch up to the Millenians of the old generation, how do you even measure your power though?" I asked totally distraught however I was still curious, "we use a ranking system I'm at the level pretty much all the Millenians are stuck on GrandMaster the highest level there is with a few exceptions like Emperor, though you'd have to own a nation to get that powerful, there's also Legendary a power level you'll only reach if you do something so amazing that there is a Legend about you, the highest known one is called Mythical to meet the requirements to be that powerful you must create your own myth by doing something so absurdly amazing that it defies common sense and be so mysterious that people think of you as a myth."

His tale gave me hope but I'll probably take millions of years for me to reach GrandMaster "can you give me some examples of Legends or myths" I asked out of curiosity knowing I'd be aiming for those levels myself someday.

"There's the legendary Millenian Kartios known for his ruthlessness on the battlefield it is said he single highhandedly won 100 a wars using a legendary cursed blade made from the bones of his enemies there's also a myth about Hercules a Millenian that slayed a Demigod one of the creators of this world, there's also a myth about a Millenian who became so powerful that he was unable to stay in this world, so she created a new realm with various treasures which is only able to be reached by those who were born at the beginning of time, there are several others however only 13 people are confirmed to have broken the power ceiling that limits us." Wow from what he said I can see why rarely anyone has broken through GrandMaster. 

I guess since most Millenians are billions of years old being here for so long they'd have to get recognition from the countless Millenians that live in this world, after a bit of light banter he decided to show me the ropes.

"Okay to understand how to use skills and store items in your body you first have to understand yourself and yes I sound like a fortune cookie" I didn't really understand him since I was 1 day old and what's a fortune cookie? he must've forgotten my age.

"You have 2 bodies your soul and your main body, the soul body is what everyone wears to cover their main one, it can't be cut in half and you can't lose limbs when you have it covering your main body, it is your very soul itself, each time it gets damaged a small piece of it evaporates up into the soul stream and anchors itself there, then after your main body dies a tiny part of your soul that's inside your main body is attracted to the piece of your soul in the soul stream and then you can create your own body and get reborn."

A very lengthy explanation "great I know how it works but what does this exposition dump have to do with using skills properly or making myself into inventory space" I guess I was a little impatient to get to the good stuff I'm sure all this info is necessary but I couldn't care less.  

"There are 2 parts of your soul body, your aura, and your soul wall, the aura is the power to use skills, the higher the lever the thicker it is and the more powerful it becomes, your soul wall is another term for your soul body, it gets harder and more durable when you level up, the air around you is made of mana and it slowly merges with your soul body to repair it."

I'm a little impatient why can't he just tell me how to put my stuff inside my body, do I need to know this to be able to store items inside me.

He continued on for awhile, "To store items inside your body you must imagine the item dissolving into mana and going inside your body." He could have just said that from the start though, I tried it and it was super easy. He then continued on taking about the basics of combat.

"When you assume a stance with a fighting intent your body instinctively releases your aura warping reality in different ways depending on what skill you're using, you must learn visualize yourself doing the skill soon you'll just use the correct skill by instinct after awhile you can even charge it up for a greater amount of power here's an example."

After his lecture he held out his palm and a small fireball appeared out of nowhere and a bunch of fire was being sucked into it, the ball kept growing bigger and bigger until he released it and when it hit, a huge explosion destroyed half of a mountain and the heat and wing pressure knocked me back and gave me slight burns

The monsters near the blast were all vaporized at the beginning it looked like [FireShot] but it slowly turned into something else "you gotta be shitting me there's no way that's [FireShot]" I was stunned "oh but it is I had to hold back or else I'd kill you and all the rest of the Millenians staring at us"

    His smug tone was warranted and the onlookers were just as shocked as I was this man is someone I have to befriend.....