One

CHAPTER ONE
THE BEGINNING: QUESTION

Eversince he woke up, Sawada Tsunayoshi, the current Tenth Boss of the Vongola Family, had a severe headache. This must be caused by his hyper intuition acting up.

The brunet with the gravity-defying hair finished his last piece of paperwork before slumping his head on the desk, tired and suffering from his headache.

'Ugh.. What is it this time?' he groaned in his thoughts as he massaged his temples in a futile attempt to relieve the throbbing pain.

Being the Vongola Decimo, Neo Vongola Primo of the most powerful and influential Mafia Group at the age of twenty-five was never his dream. Heck, God knows how furiously he declined to take up the title.

But ever since he saw the desperate need to change the ways of the Vongola, he finally accepted the position when Nono retired five years ago. Although, this didn't mean that his days as the 'boss' in the Vongola Mansion were peaceful.

"Hey! Stupid Cow! Get back here!"

"Don't wanna, Bakadera! You'll just beat me up!"

"Oiii! Don't run in the hallways to the EXTREME!!!"

"Hahaha, seems like you guys are having fun!"

"Shut it and stop that cow, baseball-freak!"

"Oya oya, don't get in my way when I'm sparring with the little skylark, would you?"

"Hn.. I'll bite you to death, pineapple."

"Hibari! Hibari!"

"Mukuro-sama, please stop destroying the mansion!"

Poor Tsuna just furrowed his brows and closed his eyes in annoyance as he heard his Guardians' antics outside his office. But then again, this was nothing new for their everyday lives.

*BANG*

An echoing gunshot was heard through the halls, causing the Guardians outside to freeze in whatever they're doing.

"All of you, quiet down, or I'll drill bullets through your heads." That cold voice, although low and almost quiet, sent shivers down their spines, especially when a green gun was pointed directly at them.

The Guardians immediately straightened up, seeing that the World's Number One Hitman was back. Reborn wasn't known to be very patient and mild. And none of them wanted to drop dead from where they're standing.

After the Battle of the Rainbow Representatives and lifting the Curse of the Arcobaleno, it seemed that the six babies--Reborn, Colonello, Fon, Viper, Skull and Verde--remained as infants. But after two years of research, Verde found a way to hasten their growth.

And so, the former Arcobaleno were now finally adults again. Although Tsuna can't differentiate which was better, an infant or the adult Reborn, since both seemed equally terrifying.

Tsuna looked up from his desk as Reborn entered his office.

"Okaerinasai, Reborn." Tsuna greeted him, happy that he's finally home from his mission in Japan.

"Have you finished your paperwork while I was away, Dame-Tsuna?" The ravenet slumped himself on the couch.

"You just came back and the first thing you ask is how my paperwork is?"

"Of course, since I have brought back more for you."

Tsuna groaned again, for the seventy-second time that morning. "Please don't tell me you ruined a town."