Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN
FEAR

[Okay, here is the next part, coz I already feel guilty. I can't let this day end with Tsuna and Reborn mad at each other.. TT_TT]

~*~

Inside a luxurious library, Kyoya leaned on the wall near the windows, staring off at the darkening sky.

He heard a soft sigh and a tap. He looked over at Reborn, who was having a chess match with Hayato. "Checkmate.." the hitman said with a smirk.

"Argh! How?! I calculated the moves yet--"

"Maa, Hayato still needs to improve to defeat the kid." Takeshi beamed, sitting on the couch reading a sports magazine while Lambo uses his legs as pillows.

"Bakadera will still be Bakadera.." Lambo commented with his eyes closed.

"What was that, Stupid-Cow?!" The Storm yelled, standing off the chair and clenching his fist in the air.

"Yare, yare, don't shout. I'm trying to sleep here.."

"Kufufu~ Shall I indulge you with a game, Arcobaleno?"

"Be my guest.."

Hayato scoffed and let the pineapple sit on the chair and have a match with Reborn. He sat down on another chair by the fireplace and opened a book instead.

"Mattaku, Tsuna has gone overboard this time.." Ryohei sighed on the couch opposite the Rain and Lightning, looking all morosely and tired.

Reborn stopped halfway from putting his white rook down, glancing sideways at his fellow Sun.

"Mm. Although it really is in Tsuna's character to do so.." Takeshi agreed.

"Kufufu.. Tsunayoshi is being stubborn.." The pineapple smirked and toppled a white bishop and set down his black queen on it's place.

Hayato was glaring at his book. "Jyuudaime is right. He did what was only right." This isn't surprising. Hayato would obviously defend his boss. "But.. I believe that he is also being reckless. And I hate believing so.."

This made all of them to turn their heads at his direction. It's unusual for the loyal right-hand-man to defy the Decimo in anything at all.

Kyoya sighed and headed to the door. "Where are you going, Kyoya?" Reborn asked.

"Room."

~*~

Tsuna was having a warm bath, soaking himself in the bathtub. Chrome was also inside his room, preparing a medical kit to patch up his new wounds.

Apparently, his crash-landing gave him a few scratches and bruises, not to mention the one from the punch he received from the guy on the cliff.

"Bossu, are you done?" Chrome asked when she heard some shuffling from inside the bathroom.

"Ah, hai." Tsuna came back wearing a robe, drying his hair with a towel.

"Sit down here, I'll treat you." Chrome motioned for him to sit by the vanity table.

"Mm.."

Tsuna heaved a sigh, wincing a bit when the alcohol-drenched cotton ball made contact with his cuts. "Nee, Chrome-chan.. Am I wrong?" He asked while looking at her through the mirror.