one

Everywhere in your body ached, your legs, your arms, your torso and your feet. Your cheeks were tear-stained from watching Chuck die in front of your own eyes. But you just wanted to get as far away as possible from that damn maze.

Newt clung to your arm, trying to keep himself up. Running for a long period of time with his limp made walking almost impossible. It secretly embarrassed him that he needed your assistance but you didn't care.

Guards were guiding you towards a helicopter, to hopefully transport you to safety.

Newt grunted slightly as the guards urged the group to pick up the pace. You slid your arm around the bottom of his waist and helped him walk faster. Minho quickly rushed to Newt's other side and slipped Newt's dirty arm around his shoulders. He still grunted with pain but he persevered because he wanted to seem strong.

The group finally made it to the helicopter. You pulled yourself up, then helped Newt. You sighed of relief and you leant back your sweaty head against the cool metal of the helicopter. Newt grabbed your hand and intertwined it with his own bloodied hand. He gently rubbed the top of it with his thumb.

"Thank you," he whispered and he closed his eyes slowly.

You pull Newt towards you and wrapped your arms around his torso, letting him fall into a light sleep. Even though he didn't show it, you knew he was affected by Chucks death. You'll never forget the way his breath hitched and his grip tightened on your hand when you saw Chuck fall to the ground.

You played with Newt's sandy blonde hair, it calmed you when you had something to fidget with. Newt didn't complain that it was his hair that you found comfort in. You observed what was going on in the back of the helicopter. Thomas was sleeping, sprawled across the floor. Minho was staring out of the window with a face full of concern. Frypan was fidgeting with the laces of his boots, his eyebrows knit together in frustration. Teresa was just staring the floor, playing with her thumbs.

After half and hour in to the helicopter ride, Newt jolted awake. He was shaking slightly so you pulled him closer to your chest.

"Are you okay?" You whispered, rubbing his back softly.

Newt didn't respond for awhile, he just pulled out of your grip and stared at the ground, emotionless. He sighed quietly and looked back up to you.

"I could of saved him," he whispered, making Minho and Teresa's eyes fall on him.

"No, newt, it's not your fault," you reply, intertwining your hand with his own.

"Yeah, it's nobody's fault," Minho added, sending a look of sympathy towards the both of you.

Just as Newt opened his mouth, the doors to the helicopter swung open and a group of guards filed in and grabbed your arm. You did your best to keep your hands intertwined with Newts but they had pull you away abruptly. They dragged you out along with the others but they had pulled you in a different direction than the others. There were gun shots and multiple different screams. You tried to find Newt but the guard had a tight grip on you, he wouldn't let you squirm free. You could only hope that Newt was okay.