three

Newt's P.O.V
My eyes slowly fluttered open and my head was pounding. It was as if a ton of bricks had been dropped on my head, I could barely move. I was in a strange bed with pristine white sheets. I slightly cocked my head to my side to see, my blurry vision finally focusing on Minho and Thomas muttering amongst themselves. Minho had a concerned expression written over his face while he spoke softly with Thomas. Suddenly, something changed in his facial features. His eyes widened and his lips straightened into a thin line.

"What is it?" I questioned, making both of their heads snap towards me with worried looks.

"What is it?" I raised my voice slightly, doing my best at trying to climb out of the bunk, holding onto the side for support, to keep me up.

Thomas opened his mouth slowly and closed it again. Minho just stared back at me, his eyes were dark and tired.

"This place isn't as safe as we thought. It's WCKD. They're collecting bodies and-" Thomas stopped himself as if he didn't believe that words he was saying.

"And they have Y/N. They're planning on taking her blood," Minho began to finish Thomas's words, crossing his arms over his chest, "All of it."

"We have to go get her," I demanded, clenching my fists into small balls at sides of my body, trying to ignore the sickly feeling that was growing in my lower stomach.

"We will but not right now," Thomas explained, only angering me more.

"No Thomas. We're going now," I ordered, ignoring Minho who was trying to calm me down.

"Well, unless you want to die before we can even reach Y/N, go ahead. By all means, go ahead. You can barley stand on your own," Thomas replied, folding his arms over his chest with a knowing look of triumph on his face.

I let out a sigh of defeat and flopped down onto the bunk that I had been lying on just before. I wanted Y/N so badly, I wanted to hold her tight and tell her I love her. There wasn't even a chance for me to say goodbye. It all happened in one quick motion. I was pulled from her embrace and whisked away into the world of war.

The nightmare I had on the helicopter was slowly becoming true. The Dream all mixed together and the only thing I could remember was loosing Y/N and it being my fault that it happened. But I was going to do everything in my power to not let this nightmare become a reality.