Chapter 4: When truth hurts the most Part 2

Xuo Ai was just arriving to the party along with the rest of her friends. Tonight it was a charity gala. Xuo Ai naturally had a soft heart for children who needed all the support they could get and often donated a large sum of money. And because she always felt just donating money was to insensitive so she often stayed in contacts with the organizations she donated her money to. And also requested for the children to sometimes send her letters. Telling her of how their day was or something they just want to share. As a person who had gone through poverty and many of the the things that came with being especially a woman. The world was always much crueler to poor people, women and also people who were simply more different than the ones in their society. She knew the feeling of discrimination and it always made you feel like a monster or an alien. Dirty and worth nothing compared to the elite despite both being humans. Despite both experiencing human emotions. Feel pain and cry. Feel joy and laugh. If you were born a human then you were a human but humans have so much power and are so capable to do anything. They can go over the limits of impossibility. And that's why humans are both a frightening existence and a miracle.

- Ai, she heard a deep voice behind her and turned around.

He really hadn't changed so much. He was still as handsome as he was when she last saw him.

- It's been awhile, he said and held out to her a glass of wine.

She rejected it with a hand gesture and he put it back on the plate of the waiter.

- Sorry, boy. Got no time for you, she simply said and walked away before he could stop her.

She entered a crowd of foreigners and smiled politely towards them as she joined their conversation and completely ignored him. From the corner of her eyes she could basically see a vein popping up on the said of his head. Inside of her she was laughing madly while speaking arabic to the foreigner next to her. In this life-time for sure she did want to make him suffer like the suffering he had put her through however if she directly made him suffer by for example break his heart by pretending to be in love with him she would receive bad karma. Then when she reincarnated next time they would still end up meeting because of unfinished business. That's why in this life she needed to not having anything to do with him.

Suddenly she felt an extreme pull as if she was being reeled in by an unseen force. It led her towards the entrance of the big city hall building. She saw a limousine pull up almost in slow motion. Her heart beat accelerated. She was burning hot and needed to get away.

Despite her legs and feet not following orders from her mind she managed to clumsily get to outside the balcony where she hid, trying to calm her heart down. She knew this had to do with reincarnation. She tried to remember someone that powerful and could only come to think of seven persons who for some reason also shared the same soul. Or rather she recognized the soul in them. Sometimes there were more than one however one thing for sure was that they contained a part of "that being's" soul.

HideHideHideHide quickly!

Her inner voice warned her constantly and somehow by luck she managed to escape to her car fast enough to drive away from there.

Unknowing to Xuo Ai a pair of piercing honey eyes stared of into the direction where she drove and a smile appeared on his otherwise indifferent face.

- I've finally found you, my wife.

Xuo Ai's heart that had calmed down skipped a hurtful beat and prayed that person would at least not find her. She truly had been unlucky tonight.

As soon as she got home she immediately took her packed things to leave for the airport. This person was too dangerous for her to be around. It was as if he had such a great and frightening intuition that he could find you wherever you were. However she had discovered during year 1938 that as long she wasn't in the same country he wouldn't be able to sense you as good.