Chapter 18 - The end

"Chaeyoung you are bleeding" mina cried while cupping his face.

He shook his head "I don't care about me, look I will kick the door from here you sit back okay?"

She sat back as he started to kick her door once, twice and thrice until it broke. The sirens of the ambulances and fire trucks could be heard from their place.

He left the car and tried to lift the dashboard from outside, they were in pain... Physically and mentally but he wanted them to survive.

And they did.

She pulled out her legs and she was so weak to walk.

The fire was getting bigger. He carried her bridal style and with a strength, he didn't know he had he ran.

The car blew up behind them and he squatted on the ground, protecting mina with his body until he collapsed on top of her.

He looked at her eyes while panting "Are you okay?"

She nodded and hugged him tightly while burying her face in the crook of his neck...

They are divorced now.

But their feelings and love are not separated yet.

After few hours of trying to pull them up they finally arrived at the hospital where they took their treatments.

Doing some sutures and cleaning their small wounds on their faces.

Chaeyoung was leaning on the wall waiting for the doctor to finish his check up on mina.

The doctor came out smiling, comforting chaeyoung that everything is fine "You two came back from death, you should be thankful" he patted chaeyoung's shoulder and the latter smiled warmly at him.

He walked into mina's room where she was sitting on the bed and looking down.

"Hey" he patted her thigh and sat beside her "Are you okay?"

The two were looking at each other's eyes "We just came back from death chaeyoung-ah"

"Do you think it's a sign?"

"For what?"

"Us" he caressed the little scratch on her cheek "Me and you, are we really able to live without each other? After everything happened from that night almost two years ago till now. Many ups and downs happened to us. I made mistakes and you too but shall we start a new page? Me, you and our dongwoo"

All she did was looking down and cry silently, he cupped her cheeks carefully and looked at her eyes "I love you, you changed me and made ma better person and most importantly you made me a father... Don't I deserve another chance?" he soft-spoken.

"I am afraid" she shrugged her shoulders "I am afraid that I will get hurt again. I am so fragile chaeyoung and I don't think I can handle another heartbreak"

"If I ever ever! Hurt you again, I am ready to leave everything and stay away from you or even live overseas"

After staring at his eyes for few seconds... She nodded.

Making him smile brightly and take her in his arms.

"but let's keep it a secret" she said.

"What?"

"That we are back, I need to talk to my mom because she deeply dislike you now"

He chuckled "Sure and what we will say about our wounds?" he said pointing at her cheek and forehead.

"Accident happens and we are okay the end."

He sighed "And I thought you are innocent and can't lie"