Chapter 1: "PLAY"

Hi Honey!
Sorry I didn't wake you up to tell you, but me and your Father are going to be gone for awhile. Not too long! Just a few more hours than normal. As always, no junky foods for dinner, and absolutely no video games past 11:00 p.m.! Get to bed on time and stay safe,
Love, Momma

Great. As per usual every Thursday night, your parents were out, taking care of business that you knew nothing about.  You sigh as you take the neatly written note off of the fridge, so you could open the fridge and take a look inside.  And even though the note had said to not eat any junky foods, your hand reaches towards the frozen delicacies anyway. 
      This note didn't really scare you.  You knew exactly what time they would be home.  Every Thursday night, just like clockwork, they come home at about 1:00 am.  That was plenty of time to eat your food, play a few video games, and get everything cleaned up before they came home.  You suppose that you could do what you sometimes did: lay one of your textbooks out on the desk and leave it open, to make it seem as if you were studying earlier that evening.
      You soon have your food made, and you head towards the living room TV, ready to play a nice game of 'Legend of Zelda'.  As you set your drink and plate down onto the coffee table, you glance over to see an old Nintendo 64 game laying close to your plate.  You've never seen this game before.  On the front is a piece of paper with the message, "PLAY ME" written with black ink.  You pick the game up and turn it around in your hand, inspecting the outside before you take the piece of paper off.  It was a Legend of Zelda game...you think.  On the front, it had Link riding a beast or something, but the name of the game was, "BEN".
      'What the hell....?' You think to yourself, your eyebrow raising in confusion.  You've never seen nor heard of this game in your life.  Where could this game have come from?  'This has to be a prank from Mom and Dad.'  You thought, 'Maybe they've caught onto me about me staying up late...maybe I shouldn't play the game..'  Thoughts swam your mind as you inspect the tape, and you almost choose to put the game down again.  But after a moment,  you decide not. 
      "I'll just stick the note back on before I go to bed," you shrug as you say out loud, "no biggie." 
      Yeah, sure.  No biggie.
      You already have your old Nintendo 64 game system hooked up in the living room, so you sit yourself down, stuff some food into your mouth, turn on the TV and change the output to "Video 4".
      The screen was black at first, and you sit there, staring at the screen quietly, chewing your food.  Nothing was showing on the TV, and you swallow your food, starting to believe that maybe the game or the system was broken. 
      ".......I should probably play another ga--"
Suddenly, the TV blared a loud startup sound, and the screen flashed with white, almost like a strobe light.  It hurt your eyes, and you immediately jump back and yell from the jump-scare it gave you.  Adrenaline starts pumping through your veins as you try to swallow your heart back down into your stomach, and you stare at the TV. 
      'WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL WAS THAT?!' You scream through your thoughts.  Your chest keeps rising up and down rapidly, as you try to catch your breath once again.
      A few long moments go by before you hear a whirring and clicking sound come from the game system.  A burst of static flashed before a picture finally popped up on the screen.  The quality of the animation was poor and old, pixelated and outdated (compared to video games today).  It was the video game main menu, showing the list, 'PLAY', 'OPTIONS', and..a weird one titled, 'BEN'.  On the screen, it showed a strange cave entrance, with blue water in front of it.  A boy, that looks sorta like Link from Legend of Zelda, stood in front of it.  The only thing that was different was the boy's eyes...they were creepy AF.  They were black, with red irises shining in the middle, and goopy blood streamed down his cheeks.  It was like he was crying. 
      "....huh...." you couldn't look away from the screen.  It was just too weird to look away from.  You slowly grab the controller in front of you and look at the options...after a second, you choose 'PLAY'.
      The game changed the scene in front of you to a side scroller type of thing, which was kind of strange for a Legend of Zelda game.  After a moment of looking at the TV, you realize that the little character you were playing as w...was you...