Chapter 5: "I'm back"

You stare in breathless fear at the video game cartridge that just gave you the scare of your life.  Your fingertips still buzzed from the sudden shock of electricity from the game, and your head still swam with the sounds of the children singing that disheveled song, although now it was only a memory from about five minutes ago.

"GLitCH, GLiTch, fiLThY LitTLe GLitCh!!!"

      The tune keeps playing over and over inside of your head.  Why did the taunting sound of it clutch at your heart so bad?  Why did it scare you half to death? (Other than the obvious reason, being voices inside of your head.)   For some reason, it felt kind of like a...personal attack?  It felt like the song was aimed at you..
'But....how could it be about me??  What the fuck does it mean by 'Glitch'...?  Shit...'
      You were starting to get a headache from the adrenaline rush you had just experienced five minutes ago.  You wince and rub your right temple.  "Fuck, I think i'm losing my mind...-"

      "Oh, you aren't losing your mind sweetheart."

      Adrenaline shoots through your veins as you fling your body to turn around.  Low and behold, your wide eyes land on the one and only elf, BEN.  The shitwad who started this in the first place.  He was on your bed, laying on his stomach, with his chin resting lightly in the palm of his hand.  The smirk plastered across his face seemed antagonizing, and his eyes bore into your soul.  You stare in fear and horror, seeing that your nightmare had actually come to life....oh fuck wait--it wasn't a nightmare.  Fuck.
      The smirk on the elf's face only grew as you sat there, mouth agape, trying to scream but not being able to.  "Like what you see?  You know, you'll catch flies in your mouth if you keep sitting that way."  He brings his legs over to the side of the bed and sits up normally. 
      Your jaw twitches a few times before you gain control of your nerves again.  You close your mouth, without moving your eyes away from the boy on the bed.  "Wh...w-wh...wha...."
      "Wh-wh-what are you trying to s-s-say, Miss St-St-Stutter?"  He mocks back at you, a giggle forming in his throat.  It sounds strange; higher pitched than his actual voice, but with an echo and resonance that should only belong in a large church chapel. 
      Obviously, this elven retort annoyed you to some extent, and you let out the breath you had been holding in your chest ever since he appeared on your bed.  "Y..you don't have to be mean about it..--"
      "Awwwww, 'you don't have to be mean about it'?  That's so cute."  He smirks and pushes himself off of the bed, deciding to float next to you instead.  Now he floats on his back, bending his head back to look at you upside down.  For some reason, the blood flowing from his eyes never changed direction. 
"What, am I scary to you?"
      "W-wha-- yeah you're scary to me!  What kind of fucking question is that??"  You look at him like he had just asked you if he could kill your cat.  You scoot yourself away from him.  "Fuck you."
      "Please do.~"  He responds seductively, his demonic elven giggle following after once more.
      You sigh, annoyed, and look back at him.  "Ugh, what do you want anyway..?"
      BEN looks at you and simply smiles.  "What I WANT is for you to be my friend."  He flips himself back over onto his stomach in midair, his face resting in his two hands, smiling at you.  "Nothing more, nothing less."
      "That's it...?  Just, 'be your friend?'"  You lean back away from him, your face displaying your confusion.
      "That's it."  He hangs his arms down and, using his fingers, pushes himself slightly closer to you.  His face is level with yours now.  "Unless you want us to be more...~"
      "Eyuck!  Fuck no!  I can barely handle your existence as it is..!"  You gag at the thought, and then take a breath to calm yourself down.  A few seconds go by before you muster up another question.  "...So...why are you here anyway?"
      "What do you mean girly?"  He rolls over in the air again and looks at you upside down.  "We just discussed this."
      "No, I mean..." you swallow a little bit of saliva down your throat. "Why was your game in my living room in the first place...?"  Just thinking about last night made your veins grow cold.  You try to not let the memory get to you right now, not in front of this boy.
      At this question, BEN's smile slowly goes away.  He looks at you for a moment, and then shrugs.  "Meh.  Just for fun."
      "Just for fun??"  You look at him like he had crabs crawling out of his nose.
      "Well yeah, DUH.  Being stuck in a little cartridge all day with nothing to do really isn't that fun girly."  He flips a bit in the air and sits down on the floor in front of you, crisscross-applesauce.  "If you hadn't put my game into the gaming system, then we wouldn't even be here having this conversation."
      "Seriously??"  To learn you could have avoided all of this was so infuriating and frustrating to know AFTER the Elf had gotten loose. 
     The elf boy smirks and lifts and eye brow, smiling a smug smile.  "Let me guess, you're thinking about how stupid you were for plugging my game in.  You wanna kick yourself because i'm free?"
      All you could do is open your mouth, and then close it.  You didn't know what to say.
      The Elf laughs.  "Its ok (Y/N), its nothing to be scared about!" 
      Wait.  What the fuck?  "How do you know my name..?"  Confusion and slight alarm fills your mind.
      "Does it really matter?  All you need to know is you're stuck with me."  He floats on his stomach again, and closes in on your face, his smile from ear to ear.  "And i'm not going anywhere..~"
      You look into his red dot irises in silence.  Now you REALLY didn't know what to say.  This was all so fucking weird.  Nobody would ever believe you if you told them.  Hell, you hardly believed it yourself.  But honestly, what choice do you have left?  You sigh and look up at him.  "....Could you back away please?  You're kinda creepin' me out..."
      BEN smiles, "Sure, no problem!"  He then backs up and sits down on the bed.  "See?  Now was THAT so hard to do?  This friendship thing is easy."   'Yeah right...' you thought.
      BEN glances over at your tv and he catches a glimpse of a old cartridge of Mario Bros 2.  His eyes light up with a happiness you...haven't seen until now.  "Oh wow, Mario Bros! Can I play it with you?? Please..??" 
      This catches you by surprise.  "....What?  You...like playing video games..?"
      "Well DUH, I LOVE Video games!"  He floats himself over to sit in front of the TV, taking up the controller.  "It's been SO LONG since i've picked up an actual controller.  I'm glad you have an older model too, so now I won't have to learn the buttons."  He smiles and chuckles to himself. 
      You stare for a moment, not knowing what exactly to say..(again. XD) ...but a small smile slowly forms on your lips.  You scoot over next to him on the floor and take up the second controller.  "Older systems are better systems."  You reply.
      BEN looks over to you and smiles.  "Ya darn tootin' they are.~"  This made you laugh. 

      So there you were, sitting in the floor with a Demon Elf from a video game Cartridge named BEN, who's eyes dripped blood, and he could float in the air.  You both were playing Mario Bros 2, one of you two whooping and hollering when they won the game, or cursing when either of you lost.  Jokes and laughs could be heard while gameplay was happening.  And happiness radiated from both of your souls.  How could this day get any weirder??

      That's right, it couldn't.