06

Mitch held a shot gun in his hand staring at it before turning around to face Lauren.
"I know how to work it." She nodded as she grabbed the gun from his hands.
"I'm not going to ask questions about how you know how to work a shotgun." He raises his hands.
"Irene called and said they found Elena. I'm sorry again." Lauren apologizes.
"It's doesn't matter now, you ready?" He questions.
Lauren sly nods adjusting the gun in her hold. Mitch stands back and then shoots the lock and kicks the door in, the lock breaking apart into pieces on the floor.
"Fuck." Lauren curses as she runs behind Mitch.
At the turn Mitch abruptly stopped, stepping back and bumping into Lauren.
"I hear voices." He whispers.
"Their coming." Lauren throws the shotgun over her shoulder, the strap keeping the gun from falling and grabs onto the metal pole above her.
Mitch sees what she's doing and follows her actions as they hear the footsteps get closer.
"Shit." Mitch almost falls but grabs ahold of the pole, pulling himself up onto the metal planks.
"Hello? Anybody there?" A flash of light scanned the tunnel.
"Hello?"
Mitch looked and noticed only one man, he jumped down before him, grabbing the man in a choke hold and slammed him onto the ground. The man struggled for little until he lost his breath and was now unconscious on the ground.
Mitch took the walkie that was strapped to his belt and his gun, clipping it to his waist. Lauren jumped down and looked at both ends of the tunnel, making sure no one was there.
"Mitch." She warned as she spotted multiple flash lights coming from the inner tunnel.
"Give me your gun." Mitch holds his hand out.
She gives him her shot gun and he hands her a pistol.
"Go." Mitch hops back but onto the metal panel and walks down it.
Lauren drops the floor with the gun pressed against her chest inside her jacket.
"Is that a girl?" The flashlight revealed Lauren on the floor fake crying.
"Please don't hurt me." She fake cried even adding a bit of trembling.
The guards looked at eachother confusingly before turning around and talking to themselves.
"What should we do?" One whispers to the other.
Lauren looked up and waited for Mitch's approval.
"Now." He mouths.
She pulls out her gun and shoots two of the men, hitting the remaining guy with the barrel of the gun to knocking him out.
Mitch continued to walk down into the tunnel, Lauren following below.
They turned into the end and saw the people negotiating from behind the curtain, their shadows prominent in the lighting. Then her eyes flickered to Stan, who was tied up with the blood from his fingers trailing down the chair and into the bucket of water his feet were submerged in.
"Stan." She whispered rushing towards him.
Stan shakes his aggressively as she reaches him.
"What?" She questions as she begins to unlock the straps holding his arms down.
"Look what we have here." Lauren froze, staring at Stan.
"She'll be dead within the hour." She heard before the cocking of a gun.
"NO." Mitch screamed but Lauren closed her eyes and accepted it, what else could she do?
"Kill me." She turned to face the gun pointed at her, she fell to her knees.
"Do it Brandon." She smiles.
Brandon stares at who was once the love of his life.
"Now that your asking for death, what fun would that be? And who would take care of poor little Elena?" He pouts tilting his head.
"Brandon." She shakes her head, gulping her fear down her throat.
"Fuck you." She spit in his face.
The anger ignited in his eyes and he aimed the gun at her chest, shooting her.
She looked down and her mouth dropped at the wound. She sunk onto the floor, gripping her chest as she gasps for air.
"LAUREN." Mitch screams as her vision gets hazy.
She desperately blinks her eyes trying to gain her vision, trying to look for Mitch but her eyes slowly shut.
"Lauren don't leave me. Stay with me." She heard Mitch desperately say as she stared into the darkness beneath her eyelids.