09

"Sit down." Mitch demanded as Lauren did what he said.
She hesitantly sat down on one of the dining chairs and looked at Mitch confusingly. in
"I have to tell you something." He walks to one end of the table, he begins to pace back and forth.
"Tell me then." She shrugged knowing it would be about his job.
"So Stans in recovery but he still want to work so they gave him research. He had to dig into where the other half of the nuclear matter was sold too and he has a lead he wants to trace on the down low without Irene knowing. He asked me to go with him and be undercover with Brandon's guys." He informs, pulling out the seat across from hers and sitting in it.
"Ok when do you leave and for how long?"
Laur questioned as she took in the information.
"I'm not done. I have to ask you something." He takes her hand and Laur confused as ever squeezed it to comfort him.
"He said it would be better if you came with us since you know some people and we could have you under cover too. I told him I wouldn't like that because you almost died but it's your choice." He finishes.
"Oh thank fucking god." She exhaled as she relaxed.
"Of course I'm coming with you. I wouldn't want to just stay here alone wondering if you're going to come back to me." Laur explained.
"B-but you almost died!" His expression changes drastically.
"Yeah but I'm not dead and it was fucking awesome as shit defeating bad guys even though half of the time I was unconscious." She laughed.
Stunned, Mitch leaned over the table and pulled her into a rough kiss.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks, looking into her eyes for any hesitation.
"Do what?"
The two turn their heads to see Elena in her pajamas.
"Mitch and I are going somewhere for a few weeks, would you mind staying at Madison's?" Lauren questioned her.
"As long as she buys me my cereal." Elena shrugs as she heads to the kitchen to get her Captain Crunch.
"We leave tomorrow." Mitch smiles as he stands up from the seat and begins to walk towards the stairs.
"Oh and." He stops, digging into her pocket and then throws something at Lauren.
She quickly catches it and looks at the wallet in the palm of her hands. Opening it, she sees a photo of what seems to be her with short blonde hair and her name on the ID reading 'Laura Mendes'.
"Wow." She chuckles as she runs her thumb over the realistic picture.
"We should go get some hair dye and buy a pair of scissors." Mitch suggests.
"Yeah." She nods agreeing with him before he runs upstairs to grab his keys.
She smiled at her fake ID, shes never experienced the rush she had when she was with Mitch in Dubai and she loved it. Now it's time for a new adventure and this time Lauren doesn't plan on almost dying like last time, she's planning on being the best badass she could be.