TWO.

___

___

"THIS IS IT," KATNISS SAID as she pulled the door to he mansion open. She stood to the side to let Briar in first.

The house was basically empty. There was limited furniture, and a layer of dust over everything. Briar remembered her manners and smiled, "it's nice."

Katniss grimaced, knowing it was a lie as she took in once more her isolated home. Gale suddenly excused himself and left, shutting the door behind himself.

Briar went to remove her muddy shoes, but her green eyes flickered to Katniss' mother and sister that had appeared at the end of the hallway. Katniss' mother smiled a fake smile when she laid eyes on her daughter and Briar, "did you have a good walk dear? I see you brought a friend."

  "Walk? I was just out—" Katniss began to say, but her younger sister, Prim, interrupted her.

"We have visitors."

Two members of Snow's council (that Briar recognized all too well) appeared, dressed in black from head to toe. Briar's eyes widened when they gestured towards Katniss, "this way please, Miss Everdeen."

Katniss sent Briar a look telling her silently to leave, and one of the peacekeepers turned to her as well, "Briar Snow, the president would like to see you as well."

  "Sorry, Augustus. I'm actually all booked, he'll have to arrange an appointment," Briar said with a wink as she yanked the door open and sprinted down the steps and through the Victor's Village, where Katniss' house was located. She didn't stop running until she reached the end of the block, and skidded to a stop. Briar doubled over, resting her hands on her knees and panting through burning lungs.

"I see you met Peeta."

Gale was standing at the other stone pillar that held up the Victor's Village sign. His little smirk made Briar want to rip out his teeth, but she leaned back on the stone and let herself fall to the ground, stretching out her bare legs in front of her, "god I hate this stupid dress."

Gale mimicked her actions, sitting down, leaning against the other side of the entrance and spreading out his long legs. He observed the girl across from him. She was shaken up, her normally tan skin was pale with a slight blue tint to it that contrasted with her neon pink dress.

  "What happened?" Gale asked with a frown, worry settling in for Katniss. There must be a reason that Briar was acting like this, and it definitely had something to do with Katniss.

Briar squeezed her green eyes shut, "what do you think? Snow. He's always there. No matter what, I can never escape."

Gale shivered, feeling the hairs on his arms stand up with the chills. Briar placed her hands against her temples, applying pressure to her pounding head.