Chapter Two

иιтяσ'ѕ ρσν

Barely a second after Kitty disappeared, the doctor was facing my friends and I. For the first time, I noticed his eyes were piercing red.

"What the heck is that?" Iris shrieked, before folding up like a piece of paper and popping out of sight. Maggie disappeared with her.

Kate pushed past me and headed towards the door. Logan clung onto me. I was alone, facing the doctor.

Before making me disappear like the others, he faded himself. I knew too well that he wasn't gone, so, turning around, I found his bright red eyes glaring at me. I took a step back, and he teleported again.

This time, he blocked Kate's escape route. She let out a scream, falling back on her heels. "Nitro! Logan!" She called out to us.

There was nothing I could do. I turned my head away as Kate's yelling filled the whole room. "Run!" I told Logan, who was staring in fear. "Don't worry about me!"

I shoved him down the hallway, and he sprinted away as fast as he could. I tried chasing after him, but something seemed to pull me back. I was too afraid to look, as darkness swept over my body.

I felt myself fall from a small distance. My back crumpled onto the ground, and I winced in pain. My arms fell flat on the ground.

Something heavy landed on top of me.

"Ouch!" I scoffed, pushing off the heavy object. "Logan, why were you sitting on me?"

"I wasn't. I fell on you."

"Nitro! Logan! You're alive!"

I immediately stopped my bickering with Logan, and spun around. There were my friends- Kitty, Maggie, Iris, and Kate. "Better yet, you're alive!" I climbed to my feet. "I thought you guys were teleported out of existence or something."

Kitty crossed her arms. "How did we get here in the first place? It felt as though the doctor did something to me."

"You think?" Kate put her hands on her hips.

Maggie looked at Kate. "Well, what the Doctor did to Kitty probably was different than what he did to us. It hurt more, and took longer for her to get... wherever we are."

"So what did he do to us in general?" Logan dragged himself into a standing position.

"It probably had something to do with his eyes," Maggie explained. "When he was in the form of a doctor, his eyes were a normal blue. And then he turned into this huge black thing, and his eyes changed red. I think they have some sort of ability."

"Like my ice!" I claimed. "It helps me perform certain spells."

"Cool," Iris spat. "Can they teleport us out of here?"

"No," I looked away. "I wish. But they can make me run faster, help me fly a couple feet off the ground..."

"Basically everything that we don't need at this moment," Kitty snapped.

"Yikes," I sniffed. "They can come in handy. Just you wait."

Maggie seemed interested in my ice. "Can you just use spells whenever you want?"