One

*Aoba Jōsai - Social Studies - last period*

“Psssst.”

Here we go again…. I kept my head down, jotting down the notes my teacher was scrawling hurriedly on the board. I knew if I didn't keep up she would wipe it clear and start the next chapter, so I had no time for distractions.

“Psssst!” I clenched my teeth and narrowed my eyes, hunching a little to make it obvious I wasn't interested.

“PSSSSSSST!”

“For fucks sake…” I hissed under my breath, turning to face the persistent boy who just couldn't take a hint. “What?” Watari just grinned sheepishly, handing me a folded piece of paper. I knew exactly what it was and I snatched it quickly, giving the messenger a fierce glare before swivelling back around in my seat. Pretty pink stationary paper with hearts and flowers lining the borders. It reeked of some disgustingly floral perfume.

'In a room full of art

I'd just stare at you!'

I nearly threw up in my mouth. What kind of sappy bullshit is this?! I thought as I scrunched up the note and tossed it back over my shoulder. I could hear Watari scramble to grab it before the teacher noticed. Oikawa Tōru; also known as the famed setter of Seijō Volleyball Club, had been sending me note after note, gift after gift, even resorting to following me around the school begging me to go out with him. It was sickening, to say the least. Sure, he had a pretty face, but his personality was indescribably agitating.

I quickly swiped up my books as the bell sounds, eager to escape before…

“(Y/N)-Chaaaaaan!~” ...Before he arrives…I strode past the third year who was standing by the doorway, completely ignoring his existence. “Hey! (Y/N)-Chan! Wait for me!” He skittered after me, long legs easily matching my pace.

“I'm busy and I want to go home, Trashykawa...what do you want?” I growled, forcing myself to look up at him with furrowed brows. The pout on his face begged for a slap, but we were at school. Beating him up can wait.

“Don't be mean, (Y/N)-Chan! You sound like Iwa!” He whined, puffing his cheeks. “I want you to come to practice!”

“She's only telling the truth. You are trash…” I hadn't noticed Iwaizumi walking a little behind and turned to give him a small smile.

“Iwa-Senpai, how's Kiba-Pi going?” I completely ignored Oikawa and dropped back a little, earning myself a loud huff. Iwaizumi shrugged, adjusting his backpack a little.

“He's doing really well after you trained him to stop jumping up on everything. Mom is really impressed.” He smiled in thanks.

“Don't mention it. It's in my blood, after all, and he's the cutest little thing!” Both of my parents were dog trainers. They had learned from their parents and so on, but I was already exceeding their expectations. I just seemed to click with dogs more than people, and I spent most of my free time training my own or playing with them.

“I'm cute too, (Y/N)-Chan!” Oikawa wailed, crossing his arms and sticking his nose into the air, much like a spoiled brat. I rolled my eyes and stopped walking, placing a hand on my hip as I looked him up and down, wanting to get this over and done with so I could go home to my precious babies.

“You're really not. Now, for the last time...No, I will not go to your practice. I've got things to do and I'd rather not waste my time watching your ugly mug bat a ball over a net a bunch of times.” I quickly turned to Iwaizumi. “No offence, Iwa-Senpai.”

“Why does he get to be called Senpai?!” I pretended not to hear as I walked off, waving him away like a pesky fly.

“Later Iwa-Senpai. Brattykawa.” His loud complaints drown away as I left, ready to get away from humanity for another day.

***I know this is rubbish but once I start something I finish it so hopefully I get better as it goes on!***