Seven

It was now Thursday. I had overslept, been scolded for showing up late to my first class, and had fallen asleep during biology. Now I was trying to walk myself to the gym, feet dragging with each step.

“(Y/N)-Chan!” I simply blinked at Oikawa, who skipped over to me from the doors.

“What do you want...uhhh...Dumbykawa?” Even my insult game was exhausted. Unphased, he hooked his arm around mine and yanked me into the gym. I was far too tired to complain.

“I want to ask a favour!” He gave me a perky grin and I scowled, tugging my arm away and moving to slump on the bench.

“If you're asking for a date, the answer is no.” I muttered with a yawn. He gave me a pout, but didn't comment.

“We have a practice match with Ubugawa High next weekend! I need you on standby in case the Mad Dog turns rabid!” He made a pathetic excuse of a scary face and I rolled my eyes.

“You mean you want me there to watch you play?” I raised a brow, unimpressed, and he shrugged.

“That too, but mainly the first reason! Come on, (Y/N)-Chan! Pretty please with a cherry on top? With extra sprinkles? And whipped cream? Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeeee?!” I grimaced, watching him clasp his hands together and literally beg me.

“Stop it, I'll get diabetes.” I groaned, rubbing my face slowly. “Fine, but you have to do me a favour on Sunday.” He lit up, beaming and looking even more annoying. Was that even possible?

“Anything for my (Y/N)-Chan!” He cheered, skipping around Iwaizumi as he approached, making the third year scoff in disgust.

“I never thought I'd live to see the day you ask him for a favour…” He mused, giving me a curious look. I returned a devious smirk.

“He has to walk Gōra-Kun, while I walk Fuji-Chan...feel free to bring Kiba-Pi!” Oikawa stopped hopping about and paled immediately upon hearing my request.

“Please tell me you don't mean that giant slobbering beast that almost ate me…?” He gulped.

“Hey, don't you talk about my baby that way! He's a little angel!” I took great offence, and Iwa chuckled, obviously looking forward to seeing his captain in such a predicament.

“I can't wait. I wouldn't miss it for the world.” His expression mirrored mine. I loved that we both enjoyed tormenting the pretty setter.

“I really don't think he's as bad as you guys make him out to be…” I mumbled as I stretched my arms up behind my head and cracking a few bones in the process. “He actually seems like a sweetheart outside of school…” They went silent, sharing a confused look before staring at me as though I had something extremely wrong with my face.

“I need details! Immediately!” Oikawa crouched down in front of me, all ears. I made sure to keep my knees firmly pressed together so he wouldn't catch a glimpse of my upskirt.

“I ran into him on the weekend. He helped me carry a bunch of supplies back from the pet store and hung around for a while to play with the puppies.” I didn't think it was such a big deal until I saw their reactions.

“Are you sure it's Kyōtani-Kun you're talking about? Like, absolutely positive?” Iwa pressed, scratching his head. I nodded, raising a brow.

“Why so shocked? He's a human like us…”

“But he's the Mad Dog, (Y/N)-Chan!” Oikawa waved his arms around like a lunatic and I just looked away, folding my arms.

“He's just Kyōtani to me. You guys are really impertinent…” I said flatly, hearing Oikawa ask Iwaizumi what the word meant. Before we could speak any further, Kyōtani entered the gym. His head was low but he approached quickly, stopping in front of me and holding his hand out. Safe to say that even I was stunned.

“Hello…(L/N)-San…” He spoke hurriedly and quietly, and I slowly reached out and shook his hand.

“Hey, Kyōtani-Kun…” A smile spread over my face, and he spun around on his heel and walked over to the court, slightly red around the ears. I turned to my Senpais, who had their mouths hanging open in shock. “Pick up your jaws before you swallow a bug or something.” I said cockily, standing and grinning proudly. “Told you I'd make progress!”

***Short chapter because my toddler was up all night and no amount of coffee in the world can cure my exhaustion hahaha - hopefully I can wake myself up enough to do at least one more today - not that anyone will probably read this trash hahahaha***