The hot water soothes my body, but not my thoughts. My anxiety was through the roof and what Josh said still haunted me. It's going to be impossible to even attempt to sleep. I opened the closet, searching for a simple outfit, and finding the entire closet filled with designer dresses and outfits. I shook my head in disbelief and pulled out a pair of leggings and some sweatshirt that thankfully were in the midst of all of the designer items. I thought back to when I was with my mom, when I was in the adoption home, and realized how much happier I was with Brendon. Life sucked without him. The light died out of everything. He was always happy, always smiling. Stress never beat him down like it did others. I wanted to have that. I wanted to be around him, have him here to tell me I'll be okay. Now is not the time for me to fall apart, but here I am, in a foreign house, in foreign clothes, away from my family, away from home, tears sliding down my face, collapsed on a king sized bed. No matter what Josh said earlier, my gut was telling me that I had at least three to four more days in this damn house. I looked at the clock, and decided to go to bed. 8 is never too early, especially in this situation.

I was woken up at 3:16 to my doorknob jiggling. I pulled the comforter over my face, only my eyes and up able to be seen. In walked the guy who plotted for Tyler to take me and bring me for Josh. I started shaking.

"Now, darling. You must calm down."

I shook my head feverishly. Not gonna happen. I'm not letting my guard down.

"Riley. Please," said a familiar voice, and I almost started crying. Brendon.

"He's offered up a great sum of money for you, so I would be thankful, girl. I don't even know why the hell he wants you, you're worthless anyway."

No, Riley, he's saying it to get you to stay here. It's not true. Don't believe him.

I took a deep breath and attempted to stand up. Brendon walked into the room, his eyes shining with tears. My legs couldn't carry me to him, so he pulled me up himself and lifted me. His tears began to fall and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, beautiful."

"Hey, B. I missed you. So so much."

"Let's get you home. I have a feeling there's someone who you want to meet."

I managed a smile, as happy as I was to be going home, I hardly had the energy to produce one. Brendon set me in his car, and the rest is history. Well, not really. I knocked out. I didn't even wake up until the next morning, in my own bed, and with a body next to mine. I opened my eyes to Luke beside me, his arms wrapped tightly around me. 10 minutes later, Sarah walked in with Brendon, Madeline in her arms. I gently took Luke's arms off of me and pulled myself into a sitting position. Taking Madeline from Sarah, I smiled as I saw just how many similarities she had to Brendon and Sarah. She had Sarah's nose, Brendon's mouth. Dark, wispy hair, but since both Sarah and Brendon have dark hair it's difficult to tell where that came from. Her eyes opened and I got to see, for the first time, her beautiful eyes. A warm brown color, she had more of Brendon's characteristics, but more of Sarah's face structure. She was the definition of a beautiful baby.

That day, was the day that my life changed. And not for the worse. For the better. Actually, for the best. Because that day? I realized I had total control of life if I wanted to have it. I realized that family is most important. No matter what you're going through, you can't distance yourself. Life happens, and you gotta push through it. Little Madeline would forever be my inspiration. I realized I had been in love with Luke the entire time, and that maybe, just maybe, forever wasn't such a bad thing.

I applaud you for joining the story of my life, but will you join me for the next part?

•Epilogue and Book 2, coming soon:)