2

"You're not serious, right?" Kat stared at me, her emotions ricocheting off the walls with anger and fear, "Marie. We can't just leave!" She looked at the body.

We decided to take her a bath. She smelled rotten, her entire body pale and freezing cold like an ice sculpture. She wasn't bleeding anymore which was good but bad at the same time. She was dead. Kacy Stewards was dead.

I felt nauseous again. Liana kept Kacy's body on her lap as she combed her fingers through her hair, "I can't imagine who would kill her." She whispered. Her voice was scratchy like a broken record player, tears falling gently down her chin. I sighed, raking my hands through my hair and pulling.

"If we all leave, they'll think all four of us ran away. We're 18, they're not gonna report runaways. Just leave them a note, we're going to Europe or something. We can legally go wherever we want now."

"What about the body?" Kat repeated, her voice raising with frustration. I bit my nails once more, horrible thoughts racing through my head like nascars. Only one can win.

"We gotta bury it. I have an idea, just pick one of the empty graves at Barwick Cemetery and nobody will notice. Her body will most likely be rotten and too deceased for them to recognize her if they ever find out." I twirled my fingers around in the air, actually considering the idea. It made me sick to my stomach as Kat only stared at me with widened eyes. Even though she was afraid and angry, she still seemed to give off her modeling figure and looks.

Mascara ran fresh down her cheeks like from a movie as with me, it was smudged all around my eyes and face - disgusting, black and wet blotches all over my face.

"We should do it." Liana stood up, carrying Kacy over her shoulder, "okay, let's go". She pushed past us, carrying Kacy down the vines as we ran down the street.

The cemetery was just a block away now, my feet halted, my hand flailing as I reached for Liana's shirt but grabbed her hair instead. She stopped, groaning as she smacked my hand away from her.Kat bumped into me from behind, her hair flying over my eyes. I pushed her away as we all watched some guys walking towards us.

They were whispering loudly at each other, the smallest one smacking one upside the head before they too stopped and stared at us. They had a boy hanging over one of their shoulders.

To be honest with you, the smallest one of the group was 3 inches taller than us. He had dark skin, an attractive youthful face, and spiked up black hair. He stared at us and at Kacy's body flung over Liana's shoulder.

The streets were silent, like the sound of a peaceful wave over an ocean. But the ocean will calm and the waves will back out. I broke into nervous laughter, letting out un-lady like snorts. Liana and Kat stared at me.

"Had to pick this drunk girl up. Crazy, right?" The boys joined up, laughter ringing out across from us.

"Yeah. It's not like their dead bodies!" Liana cracked, giggling incessantly as we died down. She cleared her throat as the boys passed us and we continued to ran.

As we did, I turned to see them booking it across the street. We got to the cemetery and I gagged, breathing through only my mouth.

It smelled horrible. There were graves open as the odor of dead bodies flew through the air. I stopped as the 3 boys from earlier were here. Were they not just running the other way? I squinted my eyes, watching their bodies throw a body in a grave. The smallest one just stood there, looking around.

The one that threw in the body was blonde with longer hair than the rest of them. He was extremely well- built and although I couldn't see him clearly, I could tell he was definitely attractive.

The other one that filled the grave with mounds of missy dirt had drop-dead gorgeous, ebony black hair. It swung along with the dirt as he shoved it down the hole. But still, how'd they even get here? They booked it the other way, didn't they? As if reading my mind, Liana learned in to whisper into my ear, "They must've cut through the yards."

I nodded in understandment and she leaned back away. The yards were where most people took to get through to a lot of places. It was discovered a few years ago by a few freshman students. It was an underground garden that led to every place in town. Not many people went there unless it was to look at the flowers and such or to get somewhere quickly.

Last year, a few students ran away from home and went there to hide for a few months and nobody even told anyone. No one knew about the yards and nobody was allowed to tell any adults. It was almost like sacred ground for high-schoolers.

"Karan! Help us, you idiot!" One of them snapped. So his name was Karan? He looked back at them until he took one more scan. I felt like my heart stopped beating as he stared right at me.

"Jackson. There's someone here." He said, walking towards us. We stumbled back, trying to drag away Kacy's body but failed as Karan found us along with his buddies.

"We didn't kill her! We found her!" Lilian cried, her ginger hair filled with dirt and dust. Kat rolled her eyes as Lilian pleaded for mercy.

"Holy sh -. Is that Kacy Stewards?!" The one with long hair asked. His name turned out to be Christopher. The other ones name was Jackson's as you could've told by now.

"My sister?" Jackson pushed through, his eyes darted left to right, scanning us with pure anger. Oh my god.

We're so dead.

A/N : might have changed the last few paragraphs if you've read the original so..... yeah sorry bout that