Bonding

"And when they didn't let me out of the shed, I snuck out and went inside their house without them knowing. I gathered supplies to patch myself up and snuck back out and back into the shed. I then stitched myself up and that's when they found me."

Lee laughed at my story and slapped my back. I had been telling Lee of all my funny stories all morning and he had told me his. It felt so good to talk to him and just be with him. Even though we had been talking all morning, I still hadn't asked him about Lilly. I leaned back in my seat and gave Lee a sly smile.

"So, you and Lilly huh?"

Lee blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck before letting out a slight laugh.

"Yeah, it's a long story."

I crossed one leg over the other and grabbed my water bottle before leaning back in my seat.

"I don't have anywhere else to be, Lee."

"Alrighty then. Well, she already told you about her saving me and then helping me look for you. Lilly was there for me when I cried from not finding you but, she slapped me when I said you were probably dead. I had began to see that she was damaged more than I was and it started eating away at her. After we moved here and secured it, Lilly started eating less and not coming out of her room. I had found out from Kenny that she knew the truth about the whole Ben and Carley thing. I forgave her a long time ago but, she didn't forgive herself. If I hadn't been on watch that night, I'm afraid she wouldn't be here today. After that night, we grew closer and closer."

I shuffled closer to Lee as he began to smile to himself.

"I had asked Molly what I should do about my feelings towards Lilly and she me to quit being a pussy. It had been so long since I honestly loved someone like that and I didn't know what to do. After hearing Molly's advice I sought out Lilly and found her helping Kenny put up the fence around the motel. I marched straight up to Lilly and kissed her. Man, you should've seen Kenny's face when I did that."

I smiled widely at hearing Lee's confession and hugged him.

"I'm so happy that you found someone. You being happy makes me happy."

Lee ruffles my hair as we break our hug and smiles at me.

"I hate to ask this but, have you had any luck with the love game?"

"Oh yeah. Almost every guy I run into has my heart."

"WHAT?!"

I burst out laughing at Lee's shout and shove him.

"I'm just kidding, you old man. Geeze, I'm not a two dollar whore."

"Language."

I huff at his scolding tone and cross my arms like a child. Kenny comes up behind Lee and claps his hand on Lee's shoulder.

"So, Clementine. I see you found your hat, where was it?"

I furrow my eyebrows as I remember my encounter from last night and take off my hat. It lays lightly in my hands and I run my fingers over the stitching.

"Are there any wolves in Georgia?"

Kenny gives me a slight laugh and gestures around him.

"Darlin', there's barely any living people in Georgia. I don't think you'll have to worry about any wolves attacking you."

I nod my head at Kenny's answer and stand from my seat before placing my hat back on.

"Well, I think I'll check out the rest of this place. It's been a long time since I've been here and want to see what's changed."

"Alright, but be careful and watch for walkers."

I roll my eyes at Lee's protective behavior but, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I wave my hand behind me and walk to the outside of my window. There's snapped twigs and a bundle of leaves together just a few feet to the side of it. It looks almost like a bed and I kneel down to inspect it closer.

"WHATCHA LOOKIN AT?"

"MOTHERFUCKER! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

Becca shrugs her shoulders and looks down at the pile of leaves I was looking at and then looks behind me.

"Holy shit! Look at the size of those tracks!"

I watch Becca rush past me and kneel before the track and places her hand near the paw print. Her hand is nothing in comparison to it and Becca stands beside me.

"Man, can you imagine how big that fucker must be? And it looks like it's been stalking you since it was right outside your window."

I nod my head at Becca and look once more at the tracks that lead back into the woods.

"So, what did you need from me?"

"Oh, Lilly wanted me to come and get you. Something about you and her going on a run today."

Becca barely finishes her sentence before I'm rushing off to find Lilly. I'd been feeling quite cooped up and needing to get out of these walls. I found Lilly standing beside her truck and loading her bag into the back of it.

"Are we really going on a run?"

Lilly turns to me and shoots me a slight smirk.

"Yeah, figured you would wanna get out and look for supplies with me. You up for it?"

"Fuck yes. Let's go!"

Lilly chuckles at my response and Lee approaches us with his arms crossed. His eyes set on me first and I know I'm getting ready to get a talk.

"Clementine, promise me you'll come back?"

I'm surprised at his questions and nod my head frantically at him. Lee nods his head back and looks to Lilly.

"And you come back with her, alright?"

Lilly rolls her eyes at him but, gives him a peck on the cheek.

"We'll be back before dinner. Love you."

"Love you both."

And after that, we're off and rolling out of the motel.