eight

(a/n: it gets naughty towards the end but not naughty enough)

it's one of those summer days when the sun is especially unforgiving. hoseok wakes up with sweat matting on his back. he groans in disgust, removing his damp shirt and throwing it away.

he downs half a pitcher of ice cold water. showers longer than usual, water in the lowest temperature. dresses himself with a white tank top and thin sweatpants – the loosest clothes he owns.

deciding that he doesn't want to melt in his own home, he puts on his snapback, pushing back his hair away from his forehead and gets his penny board. when he opens his door, he's greeted by the sight of min yoongi sitting on his doorstep, snuggling a gray stray cat close to his chest.

"wait—what—" hoseok takes a step back. "yoongi? what are you doing here?"

"waiting for you to wake up." the boy doesn't bother to look at hoseok, his full attention on the cat cradled in his arms. hoseok bites back a coo when the cat strokes yoongi's cheek with its tiny paw.

"why?"

"teach me how to ride your skateboard."

hoseok looks at the penny board tucked under his arm. "it's a penny board."

"same thing."

hoseok doesn't have anything better to do, so he does.

that's how he found himself in close proximity with yoongi. The boy's hands are curled tight on hoseok's shoulders like a vice grip, trembling. when he steps on the board, it moves back and forth unsteadily as if sensing his fear. "h-hoseok!"

hoseok wastes no time to place his hands on yoongi's waist, looking up at him with reassuring eyes. "shh, it's fine. you wanted to learn, didn't you?"

yoongi looks away with a defeated pout. "whatever."

hoseok guides him first with a hand on his waist to keep him steady just to show him how skating feels like. however, when he tells Yoongi that he actually needs to do it properly, he pales.

"see, you gotta put your foot here..." hoseok demonstrates, stepping on the board with his left foot. "...while the other gives you a boost."

yoongi doesn't like the thought of starting off with one foot. "i have shit balance, seok. i'll end up falling on my face."

"i promise i won't let you fall."

with a little persuasion, yoongi finally relents. they skate under the heat of the sun, yoongi still not letting go of Hoseok. he doesn't complain though, no matter how tight yoongi's grip on his nape is.

hoseok totally does not think of how yoongi's skin looks flushed under the summer sun. does not think of the sweat running down yoongi's temples, down to his soft jaw, down to his neck. does not think about Yoongi's shrieks when the penny board goes wonky on him. does not think.

at all.

when yoongi is finally confident with riding the penny board by himself, he asks hoseok to let go of him. hoseok does, but yoongi's hands fly to hoseok's shoulders again. hoseok laughs at this, gently removing the boy's hands off him. "c'mon, you can do it."

despite all that, yoongi is actually a quick learner. hoseok had been more of a scaredy-cat than yoongi was with the penny board. it took him about a week to learn it and another to master while yoongi is just out there, gliding over the surface of the road.

"hoseok! i'm doing it!"

the smile on yoongi's face is so big and gummy and genuine that hoseok finds himself mirroring it too. "yeah? told you you can do it."

it's a matter of time before the penny board catches on a pebble and yoongi topples off the board and falls to the rough cement. hoseok rushes over him worriedly, but yoongi just waves him off. "i'm fine," he says. "just a scrape on the knee. i expected this."

hoseok raises a brow. "you expected this... that's why you wore jeans with the biggest holes on the knees."

he reaches a hand to help yoongi up, who takes it and pats off dirt from his knees once he regains composure.  "you have to make it up to me. you promised i won't fall, yet you let me."

hoseok smiles guiltily. "popsicles?"

after they clean up the scrape on yoongi's knee, they set out to go to the nearest convenience store. hoseok offers his penny board to yoongi who shakes his head ("i'll stick to my lovely bicycle, thanks."). they get band-aids (baby blue ones, only because the plain ones are unavailable) and melona (melon for yoongi and mango for hoseok). they eat it on yoongi's doorstep together.

"hoseok?"

"hm?" hoseok sees that yoongi has already finished eating his melona, now chewing on the poor popsicle stick. "you finished yours already?"

"mhm," yoongi affirms. "it was hot and i was really hungry."

"and?"

"i want more."

hoseok raises a brow. "so?"

yoongi eyes the mango popsicle in hoseok's hands. "give me some of yours."

what, hoseok thinks. he definitely wasn't expecting that. he was expecting yoongi to make him buy more popsicles, or something. but asking hoseok for his popsicle? isn't that like... an indirect kiss?

yeah, yeah, hoseok is a grown-up and indirect kisses are for sexually deprived high school kids, but fuck, he thinks he likes yoongi and this is too much for him. besides, popsicles are like... 50% spit and 50% flavour. i brushed my teeth, didn't I?

hoseok realizes yoongi is studying him. he pushes those thoughts away and rolls his eyes. "fine," he relents and holds his popsicle out for yoongi.

but yoongi—

see, yoongi could've taken the popsicle from hoseok's hand and eat it like a normal person, but no. he lets hoseok hold it for him while he licks at the tip of the popsicle, moaning unabashedly when the sweetness explodes in his tongue. hoseok swallows and diverts his gaze to the road ahead.

the popsicle is melting and hoseok feels mango juice drip down his hands, sticky sweet. yoongi curls a hand on hoseok's wrist and tugs it closer to him. "more," yoongi demands.

yoongi licks lower and lower, and lower and lower until his tongue isn't on the popsicle anymore. his tongue—his tongue is lapping at the mango juice on hoseok's fingers, and the side of his hand, licking agonizingly slow. he's peering up at hoseok, eyes rounded innocently save for the glint of mischief hidden beneath those pools.

with every drag of yoongi's tongue across hoseok's skin, he doesn't break eye contact. hoseok's mouth goes dry as he watches yoongi's bottom lip catch on the surface of his skin.

"fuck," hoseok rasps, voice breathy. he drops the popsicle to the ground and shoves two fingers in yoongi's wet mouth as replacement who takes it eagerly. "you're so fucking pretty it drives me crazy."

...and hoseok might've just imagined it, but he swears he saw yoongi's eyes brighten considerably. maybe it's just a trick of the sun.

༉˚✧

whoopsie daisy!