dumped

|| story idea from highkeykook ||

" We're over."

We were on our way back home, side by side, he takes me home. But out of nowhere, he said that, those two words that wound me deeply. We've dated for two months, and tomorrow is our anniversary. Instantly I stopped walking. I turned to him, tears building up. 

"Why? Give me a good reason."

"I never liked you. It was all a dare. You think I really want you? Please noona, it was all a game."

How could he?

After all I've done for him...

"Fine. If that's what you want Kooks. But, remind you... you're going to regret it one day. Oh yes, you will. And don't even think that I'm going to come back to you again."

With those words, I quickly turned around, walking faster and faster. Not hearing him calling my name. I don't wanna see his face again. I quickly ran to my house, erasing my tears on my way home.

I unlock my door and stepped inside the house. My parents? Well, right now they're in America, something about work. I'm used to this, being alone. But honestly, I didn't expect him to break up with me like that. A game?! 

Love is not a game. It's something that comes from inside of you.

A feeling. For someone special.

"Taeri?"

Lost in my thoughts, I don't even realize that my fingers tapped a contact by accident. I was shocked by the man's voice from my phone. I checked the name of the contact.

TAETAE

Wait...I called Taehyung?

"Are you crying Taeri? I can hear your sobs from here...what's going on? What happened? You arrived home safely right? Where are you?"

"Tae! Slow down! I'm at home alright. I-it's nothing Tae...It's really nothing..."

"If it's nothing, then why are you crying?!"

The voice didn't come from my phone. I looked behind me, and I saw Taehyung standing there with a worried look. Did I forget to mention that he's my neighbor? Right. He quickly ran to me, and hugged me tight. I couldn't help it, my tears started to fall again, but this time, to his shoulder. I can feel his hug getting tighter, full of worry. He's been a friend of mine since I entered high school. He's in the same year as me, while Jungkook is one year younger. After a few minutes in that position, he moved back a little, one of his hands softly brushing my hair out of my face.

"What happened? I thought Kooks was going to take you home?"

"He..he broke up with me.."

I can sense his anger rising up.

"When?! How?! Why?! KOOKS! YOU PROMISED TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER!"

I held Taehyung's hand, scared that he'll do something stupid. He instantly realized that he's scaring me, so he quickly relax. He put me down on the couch slowly, letting my weak body rest there. He took my things and put them in my room. After putting all of my things, he sat next to me on the couch, taking one of my hands, holding it, until I realized something.

"Tae, I think you can go home now... your eomma and appa might be looking for you right now."

"No, it's fine. They're having dinner at Jimin's place right now, so I can stay here! But I'll tell them first, okay?"

Then Taehyung picked up his phone and headed to the kitchen, so he can can call his parents in private. While Taehyung's in the kitchen, I picked up the remote and watched some cartoon movies. After 30 minutes, Taehyung returned from the kitchen with a smile.

"They say I can stay!"

I gave him a sleepy smile. I think he noticed it, because he quickly grabbed a blanket that was on the end of the couch and covered me with it. I buried myself inside the blanket, while Taehyung sits on the floor, softly caressing my hair with his fingers.

"Just sleep Taeri."

I gave him a nod and closed my eyes, darkness swallowing me.

Taehyung's POV

After making sure she's sleeping, I quickly picked up my phone. I scrolled my contact list, and stopped at his name.

yes, him. Jeon Jungkook. Honestly, I'm furious at how he treated her. So, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

Jungkook's POV

Haruman~

My ringtone ringed from my phone, signalling that someone is calling. I picked up my phone lazily, looking at the caller's ID.

TAE HYUNG

Shoot. I quickly straighten myself, somehow nervous about the earlier event. Has she told him? With trembling fingers, I clicked the green button on the screen.

"A-annyeo.."

"How dare you Kook."

I gulped. This is bad, very very bad. I've never heard him this mad. He's literally growling at me. My bunny instinct is tingling.

"You used her, didn't you?"

"..."

"Answer me Kooks!"

"It was a dare Hyung!"

"But why did you do it to her? You know well that she's my best friend. You've promised me to take care of her for me."

Then it's done. Taehyung has ended the call. I feel so guilty. Not just because I played his best friend, hearing his disappointed voice makes me feel even worse. 

I walked to the kitchen, looking for something that can clear my mind of this mess. But it seems like I ran out of it. I groaned in frustration, my hands messing up my hair. Why is everything turning into a big mess?

I have to made up with her right away.

But, I bet Tae hyung is still there, guiding her or whatever. I guess it's time to use my secret weapon.

I grabbed my phone and typed a message.

Taehyung's POV

It's almost midnight. I still couldn't sleep, so I just keep on staring at the television in front of me. But, in the middle of the movies, I heard a voice coming from Taeri's phone. I know I shouldn't do it, but that doesn't stop my curiosity to take a peak of her phone.

New message from UNKNOWN

did you know? your smile is the prettiest thing on earth :3

Who on earth is this? I quickly picked up her phone and typed back.

To UNKNOWN

who are you? why are you messaging Taeri?

From UNKNOWN

curious aren't you Tae? ;)

---

hii everyonee it's linzky here :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I do. drop some comments and don't foget to vote. okay?

again, the story idea is from highkeykook her ideas are great and very interesting!

-L-