Craters of The Moon

Hey there! I've been offline for a while now. Anyway, this is a short story that I had written few months ago. I would be glad if you read it. 

Thank you :D

***

It had begun. The season due to which Raina would mostly remain agitated and unmotivated and when the greatest source of her enervation would be the intense Sun had started. She had always thought summer as the worst season. Everything would somehow add up to make her angry and after few minutes she would be found sitting at some corner of her house eating a tub of ice cream or serving herself with a cup of cold coffee, the latter mostly. That's probably because she knew ice-cream increases a lot of calories. Coffee could always be defended, after all.

And just as a cherry on top of the cake, she had got some more reasons to get her claws out and go on pouncing people. Last few days had anyway been bad for her. She never wanted to be divorced with him. She had lost him. Anyway...

Misha (Mishu), her five-year old, mischievous yet lovely daughter came running to her asking to help find her new dress, when she was buried underneath her duvet, sipping up some coffee with the air-conditioning switched on to eighteen. It was summer, yet it was too cold. Mishu shivered as she stepped into her mother's dull, gloomy bedroom.

Raina Agarwal was a smart, clever and an intelligent interior designer. After getting married to the love of her life, her contacts grew amongst the affluent society. And, why not? Her work would always be impeccable making no room for complaints. She was a popular, then. Of course, there were perks of being a wife to a well-known and a quite successful businessman.

"Mumma, where's my new dress? I'm playing dress-up with Cindy and Cookie," she said. She could hear Mishu's teeth chattering. She looked so cute with that dimples she inherited from her dad and those brown eyes that was a gift from her.

Two weeks had passed since Mishu's summer vacation started. Most of the times, she would be watching cartoon channels, talking to the cartoons- asking Doraemon to give her a gadget that would make new dresses for her every day, and learning Ninja techniques on her own, copying her master that would just say one phrase all the day 'ding-ding-ding'.

"Mumma, they are waiting. Find my dress na!" she said shaking Raina's arm so much that she feared the coffee would spill out of the mug that she was holding. And well, it did as a brown patch imprinted itself on the pink duvet. She instantly became upset and wished to yell at her. But, she didn't. She needed to give herself some time to calm down so that the things wouldn't go down the road anymore.

Well, Cindy was the nickname of her doll, Cinderella. It was what her dad had gifted her two months ago, just like that. A fatherly emotion would have suddenly risen in his heart, maybe, thought Raina. And Cookie was their pet cat- a beauty covered with white, softest fur and eyes studded with sapphire.

She had always loved cats more than the dogs. They had bought her just last year when things had started escalating quite quickly in her life and she thought she needed a pet. Mishu loved her company more than Raina's. It was alright though. She knew she wasn't really a good wife but she tried her best to become a good mother. She loved her Mishu more than anything.

Raina, quite lethargically pulled herself up the comfy mattress of her bed on which she was sprawled on and walked over to Mishu's room. And again, she had found a reason for getting disappointed. Cindy and her friends were lying on the floor while the building blocks were spread all over the room. The building would never get constructed like this, messed-up Raina thought. The pieces of Mishu's games were distributed to every corner and every space available in the room.