Legolas And Thranduil--My Little Greenleaf

"Why, Ada, why?" Legolas cries to Thranduil. "Why does it hurts so much? The pain of the death of someone you care for."

"Hush now, my dear Legolas, everything will alright, she is in a better place," said Thranduil, trying to comfort his son, rocking him in his arms.

"No, Ada, nothing will be alright. Why did Tauriel have to die? Why did she have to fade? She deserves to live, Ada." Legolas weeps. "I wish I could have done something to prevent the death of her dwarf."

"Ion-nin. Many that live deserve death. And some that died deserve life. Can you give it to them, Legolas? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that this happened for a cause."

"But why her? She is just like a sister to me. It could have been someone else. I wish none of these should have happened."

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world besides evil. We have the Valar and the Maiar. But remember, whatever happens, you will always be my little greenleaf." He then hugs his son.

*FLASHBACK*

A very young Legolas runs to his father's room. "You called for me, Ada?" he asked.

"Yes, my son, I need to tell you something," his father replied, motioning him to sit on his lap.

Legolas looks in his father's tear strained face and baggy eyes. "Ada, I there something wrong? Where is Nana?"

Thranduil looks to him sadness hovering in his face, "Ion-nin, your mother is gone. She has passed on to the Halls of Mandos. She isn't going back."

Legolas looked shocked for a moment. After absorbing the news of his mother, began to weep. "No, no, no, no, no. Nana is coming back. She always come back."

"I'm sorry, Legolas, but she isn't coming back," his father replied gravely, tears again starting to fill is eyes.

He hugs his son and say," Even when your mother is gone, we must still move on. But remember, whatever happens, you will always be our little greenleeaf."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Yes, I will always be your little greenleaf," said Legolas. "I love you, Ada."

"I love you, too, Legolas," replied Thranduil

THE END