Family first

I was never aloud to touch a car wen I was little. Not even when I turned sixteen. They were afraid. Afraid of family roots repeating themselves. My parents died when I was little. My father died in a car crash, on a race track. He hit the side wall and the car burst into flames. Most say he died before the flames started. I don't know. My mother, I have no idea how she died. I went into foster care unlike my brother and sister who somehow got out of it. I'm eighteen now, I have my drivers license, but I'm still not aloud to drive without my foster mother or father in the car with me. This is my story. My family. Love, new worlds, raceing. And a new life......... The life of a Toretto.

MADDYS P.O.V.

Senior year. Finaly, I graduate this year, I get to move out. But most importantly, I get the truth about my family. My real family. No one will stop me. I need this information. More than anything.

I walk into school on the first day and keep my head down. I dot want to draw any atenchion. Not even from my friends. I get to my locker and put in the combination. After I put my books in I go to the main office to get my schedule. Study hall was first. An eighty minute class. I smile, I can do my research there. My foster mother Clara, doesn't know that I stole my adoption papers and a few other documents about me and made copies. I kept the copies obviously. I smile at the lady behind the desk and say Thank you. She smiles back and nods. I walk away to find my class. And my answers.

I walk into class. Study hall was held in the computer room. Perfect. I sat at the computer in the back. So no one would know what I was doing. I signed into the system. As it was loading I looked down at the birth papers. My

first real look at them. My real name is Madeline Torretto. I look further down to see my brother and sisters name. Dominic Torreto and Mia Torretto. The computer makes a noise and I look up. It's fully loaded. I put the papers back into my bag and I go onto the Internet. Hopefully when I search their names I won't get a blank screen saying that it's blocked. The school blocks everything. At least that's the way it seems. But there's always a way around the fire wall. I start with my brother, Dominic Torretto. I type his name into the search engine. You can find out anything about anyone on the Internet these days. Others started to enter the room. I ducked my head down just incase I new any of them. I didn't want anyone next to me. Not yet anyway. Not until I had what I needed.

His name finally popped up.

Dominic Toretto

Los Anglos Miami

I moused over images and his picture popped up. Strong, muscular, a shaved head. It looked good on him. Now that I think of it. He would probably look funny if he ever grew out his hair. Looking around more. I find out that he street races. Turns out its a Toretto tradition, in a way. I clicked print and walked over to the printer to get the picture. Thankfully it was in color. I walked back putting the picture in my bag. I didn't want anyone knowing what I was doing. I couldn't find a cellphone number. So ill just try for my sister. Mia Torretto. It took a while to find her. She looked alot like me her hair was just a bit lighter than mine. I didn't find a number. But I did find and address. 1327 Malabu drive. I printed out her picture and wrote down the address. After I put the second picture in the bag, I cleared the search history. Now I just had to come up with a plan on meeting them. I pulled out my phone and put my headphones in for the rest of the period. The day went on like normal besides that.

By the time I get home and up to my room. I know what I have to do. I have been saving all my money since I was little. First I had to buy a car without anyone knowing. That is the easy part.

FOUR MONTHS LATER

By January I had won almost thirty street races. Lost about ten. It was time. I didn't know if I was ready. But it was now or never. I grabbed a duffle bag from my closet and set it on my bed. I walked over to my dresser grabbing most of my cloths and stuffing them in the bag. I had a little bit more room so I packed a few more things. I went to put my phone in the bag and then I relized. They could track me with it. I sighed and put the phone on my bedside table. I could always buy a new one when I got to my brothers place. If he even recognized me. I decided to bring my birth papers to prove that I am who I said I was. Just as I was about to sneak out my window I heard a knock on the door. I could hear Logan, my foster father, answer the door. Then I heard " mr. Danbar? .... We have reason to belive that your daughter.... Madeline Danbar has been involved in some illegal activities lately " it was the police. I really is pick the best day to leave. I locked my bedroom doer and ran per to my window unlocking it. I threw my bag out first. It landed with a loud thud. I had to move quickly now. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, fast. I looked out the window, the ground looked further than it really was. Jumping from the second floor is always risky. But if I ever want to see my family. I have to do it. I take a deep breath and jump. It felt like I was flying. The wind whipped my hair around. Then suddenly I landed. Reality came back. I picked up my bag and took off running.