Escape

MADDYS P.O.V.

I could tell that someone was chasing after me. Probably the cop. I don't care. I just have to keep moving, no matter what. Soon enough the cop runs out of breath and stops running. But I continue on. I'm almost to where I keep my car. I turn down an alleyway, and into a restraunt. I took in a breath. That was eventful. I looked around for a moment, before slipping into the back kitchen. And out the back door. Across from me was the old abandon warehouse where I kept my car. I smiled and walked into the building where my car was. I put my bag in the back seat and got in. Turning the car on and hearing the engine roar made me smile even more. I pulled the his address out of my glove box and taped the paper onto my stearing wheel in the middle.

I took off out of the warehouse and down the street. The sooner I was out of this town the better. Don't get me wrong my foster parents tried their best. But they always fought. And I would get the worst of it. I know for a fact they will be looking for me. They will try to get me back. I just hope that my brother and sister won't let that happen. It will be a good nine to ten hour drive to his place, that's for sure. I stopped at a tops to get some non perishable foods, some pop and some water. I was careful not to be caught on the cameras in the store. I put the bags in the passenger side. So that I can just grab something while on the road. I then got back into the car, starting it up again I turned the radio on. And there it was. Not even two hours after I ran off, they had me on the radio. I listened for a little while. But I couldant stand it. I shut the radio off and put one of my CDs in. I take off down the street, a little faster than earlier. I wasn't about to go to a motel now. I would drive non stop to Dom's house. About halfway there I was getting tired. I couldn't drive while I was tired. That would not end well. I pulled over to a motel, but didn't go in. I decided to sleep in my car. That way if I needed a quick get away, all I would have to do is start the car and go. I soon dosed off with my sweater wrapped around me. I must have gotten up around ten maybe eleven. I grabbed a bag of chips from the passenger seat and ate them. Soon after I was back on the road. Now only for hours seat from my real family. Four hours away from my new life. Anything could happen. All I know is that I will be relived to finally see them. To listen to their stories. To see what they remember about me. Hopefuls sparking the memories I have of them.

FOUR HOURS LATER / JUST OUTSIDE OF DOM'S HOUSE /

This was it. No turning back. I take a deep breath grabbing the papers and get out of the car. I walk up the driveway smelling BBQ. I could hear the sound of a grill and people laughing and having a good time. I stopped as soon as I came into view of them. A tall man that was at the grill stopped and looked at me. He seemed confused. Before he could say anything I spoke " Dom ? ' I asked. He looked much like my brother in the picture so I'm guessing its him.