Race

VINCE'S P.O.V.

" you schould stick with me for the rest of the night " I tell here and sigh. She nodded quietly and pulled my sweatshirt tighter around her. We walked back over to Leon to watch more of the races. Most were rookies just starting off. We would have to wait until later for the real drivers to start their races. hopefully would be soon. I kept my eyes on the racers to see who would be the upcoming compedators. Hen I heard Leon's car pull out of its spot. Probably going for a race I though. I went to turn to Maddy but instead found Leon still here " Leon. Your car is gone " I told him confused. And he nodes with a smile. " I know. Maddy asked if she could race with it. Said it would calm herself down a bit so I let her. " Leon shrugged. " are you fucking crazy man. She could get hurt! " I yelled. Leon shook his head " she's done it before. She told us. Have you seen her car Vince ? Have faith in the girl man " he tells me and I roll my eyes. Great. This was not making me happy at all. I couldn't stop her because I didn't know where she was. Wich only made me worry more. All I could do was watch the racers to see wich car was Leon's. if she got hurt Leon would pay for it. I would make sure of that, that's for sure. I kept my eyes fixed on the races, waiting for her to show up. Until, finally I saw Leon's car at a line up. I watched all of the drivers hand over the cash, even Maddy.

MADDY'D P.O.V.

I snuck away from Vince, just for a bit. I needed to let loose. Leon allowed me to borrow his car and some cash. He has been bugging me from the beginning to see me race, and I guess now he gets the chance. eventually it was my turn. I pulled up to the spray painted line on the ground as the other racers lined up. I stepped out for a second to hand over the cash. Then got back in. I didn't feel like talking, I just wanted a race. That's all I needed. I shut the car door and waited for the signal to start.

3....2....1....go!

My foot hit the gas,and off I went. I didn't care what happened as long as I wasn't dead last. At the moment I just wanted a race. Nothing else mattered. All the stress went away.Hitting the noz at the last second, pulling ahead of someone. And then again, until finally, I passed the finish first. I let out a breath as I came to a stop. I got out to get my cash and return back to my spot with Leon and Vince. After the cash was handed to me, I got back into Leon's car and drove back over to the guys. Pulling into the same spot Leon had it before. I got out quietly as Vince ran over. He looked extremely worried. While Leon looked at Vince confused."Maddy!!!! Are you ok? Why did you do that? Why didn't you tell me?" He said quietly, placing his hands on my shoulders. I nodded quickly and placed my hands on his forearms. " Vince, Vince. I'm fine ok? I've raced before remember?" I say looking at him. He seemed utterly terrified. Like something horrible had happened. Vince instantly pulled me into a hug, and I let him. He wrapped his arms around me. And I wrapped my arms around his waist. This was weird, but it felt right. Like it was meant to be. Vince isn't always a big tough guy. On the inside he is just a big softie and I know it.

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG. IVE HAD SUCH HORRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! <3<3<3<3