The War Had Already Come.

Marshall fell into a great depression and anxiety of his thoughts about the future and what was yet to come, it wained on his conscious like a boulder on his lungs as he heaved for air.  He now had the great need to protect his newly found family but how could he do so? He felt so helpless but not as helpless as he new Gumball felt, some nights Gumball would lay awake With their little Leo. Anxious to leave his baby alone for three seconds.

'Bubba...Please. Come to bed' Marshall attempted to plead with his distressed boyfriend and hopefully soon to be husband.

'M-Marshy you know I can't...What if he needs me..' Poor Gumball sounded utterly exhausted and troubled from the most recent activity and developments in the war, Everyone was hands on deck. It was crushing. Stressful.

'Gummy, He'll be fine, Please just come to bed, You look so tired...' By this point Marshall had worriedly wandered over to his easily agitated and overworked lover. He softly caressed his cheek, Looking into the beautiful hues of pink of Gumball's eyes, He searched his eyes for even a slight crumb of hope that Gumball would give in to his plea's and finally come to bed with him.

'N-No Marshall! He needs to be safe. You-..you don't understand!' Gumball protested, Ultimately ending up getting emotional from the strain and stress on his brain from working all day in the lab. Marshall could tell, He desperately needed a break from the work. Even if it was just for a few hours. Gumball had backed away from Marshall's touch, Looking away so he didn't see him cry. He was the prince of a kingdom! He needed to be strong. He couldn't afford to be so cowardly now. He had a duty to his kingdom, To his new family and kingdom to protect them! It wasn't okay for him to cry. Or was it? Poor Gumball didn't know anymore.

Marshall frowned but refrained, Taking his hand away yet he'd be lying to himself if he said he didn't want to touch those soft candy floss cheeks and tell him it'd all be okay. But then he would be lying not only to Bubba but also himself, Because he definitely knew it would not be okay. Those were the burdens of war. Not knowing what would happen next and never knowing when the torment of it will ever end.

Instead, Marshall slowly wrapped his arms around his candy prince and let him sob helplessly into his chest. He rubbed his back in soft circles, Whispering sweet nothings to him, Soft 'I love you so much's and 'It's okay, I've got you....I'm here, It's alright Bubba.'s to try and relax and calm Gumball so that he stops crying and feels better.

Gumball let out weak and vulnerable sobs and cries as the warmth of his tears began to dampen Marshall's shirt, His emotions and anxieties poured out in the form of bitter tears on soft cotton cloth, Staining it like the permanent worries of parenting, Responsibilities, Stresses and Duties to a huge number of people counting on just one man.