Letter 25- Z A Y N

20 July 2014

My Sweet Niall,

I don’t know how it’s come to this, but I fear I must say goodbye, maybe forever, maybe not. I don’t know, but there’s something that I must get off my chest. I’m not sure how to say this, so I’ll just come right out with it. I love you, Niall. I knew it from the first time I heard that angelic laugh and saw the dazzling smile upon your face. Perhaps deep within myself, I knew it even before then, when I only knew you through your letters, but when you actually appeared to me in the flesh, I was smitten. I fell for you hard, Niall, and how could I not? You’re the most perfect human being I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I think I’ve told you this before, but you’re honestly the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

Before I met you, I regretted everything I’d ever done in the past so much that I’d contemplated ending everything. I thought the world would be better off without the horrible criminal, Zayn Malik. But you know what, I realise now how wrong I was. You’re my world, the only thing that matters to me, and I hope and pray that I’m your everything, too. I hope I’m not being too ostentatious when I say that I don’t think you’d be better off without me. We need each other more than I ever thought two people could. I may have done some terrible things in the past, but that’s just it. It’s the past, and although I’m sorry about the choices I made, I don’t regret them. I don’t regret them one bit because had I not done those things, I never would’ve ended up in Alcatraz, I never would’ve become notorious across the country as a gangster, but worst of all, I never would’ve met you.

I love you, Niall. So much. I wish I would’ve just told you when I had the chance, but I was afraid. Afraid that you’d hate me for it, afraid you’d find me pathetic or creepy or insane. Maybe you do, but that’s all right. I’ll most likely have passed by the time you read this, so I shall revel in the blissful fantasy within my head. The one in which you love me too and I am freed, exonerated of all wrong-doing. It’s killing me, ripping me apart from the inside out, that I didn’t get to touch you, even just once. What I wouldn’t give to have wrapped my arms around you and buried my nose into the soft blonde locks atop your head, to have looked straight into those sea-blue eyes as we both leaned in to have our lips finally connect. There would’ve been sparks, I’m sure of it. If only…

Honestly, I don’t need someone who sees the good in me, I need someone who sees the bad and still wants me. You’ve proven to me again and again that you’re that someone and I love you for it. You’re an angel, Ni.

There was an announcement over the speaker system this morning. There have been multiple bomb threats on Alcatraz. This is my fault, the media is all in a frenzy, I’m positive. I’m going to die for my mistakes. I’m sorry.

I love you, Niall.

Yours always,

Zayn xxx

Okay, so here's the deal: I'm having a little contest I guess you could call it. As we all prepare for this book to come to an end, I'd like to make it go out with a bang. So, my goal is to beat the highest rank Alcatraz has been at for historical fiction. It was at #48 and is currently at 60- something. Your mission is to vote and comment like crazy, tell your friends, your enemies, your cats, idk, just tell EVERYONE to do the same so we can beat this record. Whoever contributes to the effort the most will get a dedication and I'll also keep my promise of bonus chapters! So what are you waiting for? GO GO GO! Love you guys <3

VOTE<FAN<COMMENT<Love you<3