The Truth In The End

I just stared at him for a few moments after his outburst. He went to take another drink from his bottle but I sped over and snatched it out of his hand. Dick stumbled a bit and lost his balance, falling back off the ledge he was sitting on and into my chest. "Dick, you need to stop drinking before you give yourself alcohol poisoning," I said with a small chuckle. He shoved himself away from me and stumbled, having to catch himself from falling several times. Finally I rolled my eyes and collected all the bottles, dumping them in a nearby trashcan, before returning to his side and picking him up in my arms. His protest was weak but vulgar. I picked up his phone before speeding into his apartment and dropping him onto his couch where he curled into a ball and burried his face into a pullow.

     I walked into his kitchen and grabbed him a glass of water and some advil. "Hey, Dick, c'mon. You're going to have a massive hangover tomorrow if you don't take this," I insisted. He snatched it from my hand and took it quickly before burrying himself back into his pillow. "Dick," I said with a soft smile, "I'm not in love with Artemis. I'm in love with you. That's why I spent so much time with Artemis. She was trying to help me tell you." His look of absolute shock and disbelief made my heart clench. He immediately tried to slap me across the face but I caught his right hand. In an instant his left and punched me in the chest making me stumble back away from where I was kneeling beside the couch where he was. "Why didn't you just tell me you fucking dumbass?!" he yelled.

     I pushed myself back up and pulled him to me, kissing him with a fevorish passion. "At least I'm telling you now," I whispered into his lips after our kiss was over. The only responce I got was a glare, "It's going to take a lot to make up for this you dumbass." After my terrified look he smiled gently before kissing me. My shoulders relaxed in relief. "I promise to make it up to you," I said holding him in my arms, "After all, you're my wonderwall." "Were you referensing Oasis' Wonderwall or the George Harrison's solo album Wonderwall Music?" Dick asked extremely confused and still very drunk. I laughed heartily, "See, this is why we're meant to be," and I kissed him again.