[Chapter 2] Cheating on Anthony

My last class of the day ended and practically everyone rushed towards the door the second the bell rung. At my own pace, I got my things together and walked out of the classroom, waving goodbye to my teacher who I just so happened to have last year. They waved back to me and said "See ya tomorrow!" He was one of those younger, cool teachers that ever girl had a crush on and who actually tried getting to know his students. I liked him - he was pretty cool.

As I started making my way towards my locker, I was grabbed by the arm by my sister and dragged in the opposite direction. "Ouch!" I screamed as I tried to pry her hand off of my arm, but she just dug her nails deeper into my skin. I gave up and just went along with it. We ran through the parking lot to Anthony's car, where once again Anthony sat in the front seat and Melanie and Ian in the back, but this time Quinn was there. He was sitting in my seat in the back. "Hey..." I murmured as Kristen shoved me into the front seat, squeezing in so she could close the door. I was pressed up against Anthony and it took all of me not to freak out. Even though my sister was dating him, I didn't stop liking him. I still liked him...a lot. I just hid it...well, tried to.

"Alright, let's go!" Kristen exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

Anthony slammed down on the gas pedal and we sped out of the parking lot before any other students could. This happened last year too, where the five (or six if Quinn tagged along) of us would rush to Anthony's car and get out before the buses lined up.

We arrived at Kristen's and my house first, since we were the closest to the school. She got out and walked around the car to passionately kiss her boyfriend goodbye. I rolled my eyes and slid out, making my way towards the door. I got my keys out to unlock the door when Kristen rushed up to me and knocked, singing through the door, "WE'RE HO-OME!"

"I have my..." I started to say when the door swung open. I glared at Kristen as she skipped inside. I heaved a sigh and followed her.

"Hey girls," My mom greeted from the office, the same place she was when we left for school. She peeled her eyes from the computer screen and looked over at us, "How was your day?"

"Oh my god," Kristen retorted in that typical teenage voice she got whenever she was about to gossip, dropping her bag and entering the office, "You will not believe what happened."

My mom laughed as she asked my sister to close the door. She obliged - giving me a smirk before slamming the door in my face.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen, setting my bag down on one of the stools and plopping down in the one next to it. I heaved a sigh as I picked out an apple from the basket in the center of the island and biting into it. My dad looked over his shoulder from the sink where he was doing dishes, "Hey, Len. How was your day?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "It was alright, I guess," I replied with a full mouth. He smiled before returning to his chore. My parents never treated me the way they treated Kristen. It's like they always cared more about her than me. But at least my dad cares enough to ask me how my day was.

"Quinn's in some of my classes," I blurted out in an attempt to spark a conversation.

"Quinn's that brother of the guy your sister's dating?" He inquired.

"Yeah." Again with the "your sister". Why does everything have to revolve around her?

I stood up and picked my bag up with my free hand, "Hey, I'm going to my room. Call me down when dinner's ready."

"Alright," He replied.

I walked upstairs, passing the office where my mom and sister were giggling like school girls. I rolled my eyes as I made my way into the upstairs hallway, where to the right was my parents' bedroom, a spare bedroom, and two bathrooms (one in the hall and one in my parents' room). To the left was my bedroom, Kristen's bedroom, and a bathroom we had to share. (Let's just say there wasn't much sharing going on - the bathroom was taken over with all of her stuff, the only thing of mine in there? My shower towel and toothbrush. That's it.)

I went into my bedroom and threw my bag down on my bed, walking over to one of the windows in my room and opening it. I turned around and plopped down on my bed, turning my bag around so it was facing me and opening it to get the homework my teachers had assigned - and it wasn't like the usual "getting to know you" homework either.

Just as I was about to touch the pen to the paper after fifteen minutes of procrastination, I heard Kristen's computer go off in her room. And since there was nothing better to do (because who wants to do homework when you can spy on your sister and her stuff?), I decided to sneak into her room.

I walked over to her desk and saw her laptop opened, the screen lit up. I turned around her desk chair and plopped down, reading the conversation she had up. The other person? Some guy named Joey. They were talking about this party that was this weekend. And apparently Anthony wasn't invited (from what Kristen told this Joey guy). The two of them were going to meet up and...

"Hey!"

I jerked my head in her direction and jumped to my feet.

"What are you doing on my computer?" She yelled as she rushed in and slammed down the laptop screen. "You didn't see anything, right?"

"N-nothing," I lied.

"You sure?"

"Yup," She crossed her arms over her chest. I hung my head and scratched behind my neck, failing to resist the urge to ask, "So...who's Joey?"

Her eyes widened and she realized the situation we were in. She walked up to me and put her finger in my face, "Look, you don't tell anyone about this, alright? Not mom. Not dad. Not Anthony. No one. You got that?"

"No one would listen to me anyways..."

"That doesn't answer my question, Len."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure, my lips are sealed."

"Good," She remarked with a smile. "Now get out of my room!" She ordered, pushing me into the hallway and slamming her door behind me. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. That's when it finally hit me (because, I'm slow like that): Kristen's cheating on Anthony.