Chapter 3

Thirdy couldn't drive further so he decided to take Bea on the hotel where he's temporarily staying.

“Why are there so many stairs up here, huh? Is this the stairway to heaven? Pfft.” Bea asked looking up. Unfortunately, the elevator isn't working.

“Bea, walk straight. Baka mahulog tayo.” Thirdy told her who's currently struggling carrying almost half of her weight.

Bea isn't a small woman, she isn't.

“Matagal na kong nahulog Thirdy!” then she laughed.

“Hay nako Beatriz. Sa susunod wag ka na iinom kung hindi mo naman kaya.”

Bea stopped,  so he stopped and looked at her. She's glaring at him.

“Who says hindi ko kaya? I am perfectly fine and I don't need anybody's help!”

Then she started walking in a zigzag line. After two steps, she stumbled on her feet. Good thing Thirdy's flexibility is on fleek.

“Says who?” thirdy asked sarcastically.

After a bucket of sweat from Thirdy's forehead and body, they reached the rooftop. Buti nalang malakas si Thirdy sa management.

Thirdy could feel his sweat drying up already as they reached the rooftop.

“Waaaahhh! Sinong nagbukas ng electric fan?!” Bea asked, eyes half closed.

Thirdy laughed. Her silly attitude becomes doubled when she's drunk, and it's ridiculous.

He brought a blanket with him that could accompany the two of them. It felt like the universe is helping him, as soon as he placed the blanket on the floor, the wind stopped blowing strongly.

“Bei,” he called. She looked at him, he tapped the vacant space beside him. Bea went closer and rested her back on the blanket.

“This is life.” she murmured to herself.

Thirdy lay down but he still kept a space between them. He don't want to take advantage. He would never.

Both of them are looking up. The sky is wonderful. It's full of lights and you would never want to take your eyes off it.

Bea sighed. He sighed.

They both look at each other at the same time. And when they realized that they've done two things together consecutively, they both laughed.

It's like this is the first time they laughed so hard since they stepped in college. And with a not-so-funny reason.

They both got tired after a few minutes, both are holding their tummy. They could feel it aching already, like they've run out of oxygen.

“How dare you.” bea said in a low tone. He barely heard her.

“How can you make me go crazy? We're not even dating.”

Thirdy heard her loud and clear. But he didn't want to believe what he just heard. So he faced her, she's still looking up with a serious face.

“Are we not?” he asked calmly. “Eh para saan pala lahat ng efforts ko?” he tried to sound like he was joking, but disappointment can be traced on his voice.

Bea twisted her head. They are now facing each other, face-to-face.

“Effort?” she smirked, still looking drunk though. But Thirdy couldn't notice it with the tension that he's feeling right now.

“I didn't thought that such word exist in your dictionary.”

Thirdy sat. He looked hurt and disappointed. He never thought that the Beatriz she knew would ever say those hurtful words.