Chap 4

~Wyatt~

I lazily crawled out of bed, it was a Friday and I really wanted to stay home. I just didn’t feel like playing like I was ok today. Sighing I walked in my bathroom, flipping the lights and turned the shower on. It’s been a couple weeks now, my dad came home but we didn’t say anything to each there like usual. Just the normal head nod, like we were two strangers living in the same house. And dinners are even worse that was why I’ve been going to Adam’s more than usual. I never apologized and I knew he was avoiding me.

I squeezed some shampoo into my palm and scrubbed roughly at my hair. Owen’s been showing up at random times all throughout school, I didn’t notice before but he had my government class. he’s really nice but I haven’t been talking to him much. It was because he likes me that I’m keeping a safe distance from him. I really didn’t want him getting the wrong ideas. Adam doesn’t know about Owen only because I don’t want him to push the guy on me, I know he will.

Rinsing my head I quickly washed my body and got out; rubbing the towel through my wet hair leaving it sticking up at odd ends and tossed it on my bed before throwing on some clothes. I walked down the hall to the kitchen and grabbed my house keys. Dad had left already at an early time this morning. I was snatching up a cereal bar when I heard a honk outside I jogged out and climbed in Adam’s car.

“hey” he greeted sleepily he probably woke late. I inclined my head to him. starting his car he drove to school.

“so Halloween this weekened, Ryan and Jordan are planning on going trick or treating are you in?” he asked me, his eyes on the road. I smirk.

“I wouldn’t miss you dressing up like a girl for the world” I teased him. scowling he grunted none to happily.

“I’m not doing it” he mumbled.

“ha, there’s no way your getting past your brothers. They will forcefully stick you in a dress and slap powder on your face” I told him all to amused.

“ah hahaha, so funny. Over my dead body” he growled.

“that can always be easily arranged, then they can pull you in wagon around the neighborhood” I snickered. Grimacing he looked at me fearfully.

“they would do that wouldn’t they?” he said his brows scrunched up in worry.

“yes my good friend they would”

We pulled up in the parking lot and got our heading up to the building. The halls were again noisy as we walked to our locker.

“whatever” he shrugged. “so did you talk with your dad yet?” he asked. I looked away innocently hoping he got the hint to let it drop.

“I’ll take that as a no, man come on” he sighed. I bit my lip.

“we’re just not the sorry type Adam. We’re two strangers in the same house” I explained to him. his brown eyes softened.