Chap 22

(*NEW COVER GUYS*) Let me know what you think!

~Wyatt~

How could I be so self-centered to think that all the problems in the world revolved around me? I even blamed Zane for some of them when in reality he was here laying in this hospital bed the whole time. My tears were threatening to free themselves as I sat in a chair beside Zane’s bed and held his bruised and battered hand. The moment I walked in to find Zane here I could have sworn I was almost brought to my knees from the sight.

‘Who did this to him?’ Was all I could think?

Zane laid in the bed motionless as I walked in to find a sight I never would have believed could happen to such a strong person; to Zane of all people. His head was wrapped in white bandages while his skin lay palely camouflage under them. One of his eyes was black and blue and his lip busted. If he wasn’t wearing a hospital gown I’m sure it would be pretty ugly.

“Zane?” I said softly, my throat was tight as I forced the words out. “So this is where you’ve been hiding.”

Slowly I watched his eyes flutter and my breath hitched in surprise.

“Sorry angel didn’t mean to worry you” I think my how body just went into meltdown mode at the sound of his raspy, tired voice. He sounded so weak and it was affecting me in a way that I didn’t quite understand.

I scoffed shakily and tightened my grip on his hand.

“Shut up, who said I was worried about a playboy like you” oh god, I’m going to cry.

He let out a frail laugh as he closed his eyes again.

“How did you know I was here in the first place?” he asked. I tried gulping down the knot in my throat,

“I got some strange text message telling me that you were here.” His brows furrowed when he opened his eyes to look at me again. God those blue eyes were going to be the death of me.

“Who text you?” he asked and I shook my head.

“It doesn’t matter who did it, all that matters in that they did it and I’m able to know that you’re not laying dead in a ditch somewhere” I tease weakly. He chuckled again.

“Oh you’re such a sweet talker angel.” His sarcastic comment makes me blush.

“All for you babe.” I wink trying to keep our playful banter going as long as possible. But the inevitable came crashing in the room not long after.

“We’re going, get up!” a gruff voice filled the silent room and I jumped in shock knocking my chair down in the process. I turned to see heavy set man burst through the room. His hard black eyes were the first clue I had that he was no friend of Zane’s. When the man caught sight of me I flinched back,

“Who the hell are you?” from the nasty way he spoke to me I instinctually knew that he had something to do with Zane’s condition.

“I-” Zane cut me off.

“He’s none of your business.” I heard the rigid strong tone coming from Zane’s mouth and my hairs stood up in fright. All his earlier fragility he was showing minutes before were gone from him now and taken over by his usual bad boy exterior but I’d never heard him sound so malicious before.

“Oh so your f*cking in the hospital now you disgusting worm, well since you’re up to screwing around you can get up and get your lazy ass home.” the fat man growled.

I didn’t know what was happening but I had to do something I knew for sure.

“Excuse me but I don’t think it appropriate to be talking to a patient like this.” I said to the rude man. His eyes slashed back in my direction and I tried not to flinch again.