CHAPTER: 1

-8 Years later-

Blowing out my birthday candles, I was so excited to be 13. I'm a teenager! I'm more or less an adult! Well kinda. As my family cheered my brother was quick to run into my arms and hug me tight. As much as he's annoying, Mattie actually is my best friend. Partners in crime. Momma had thrown a little party for me, just close family members and daddy and mommas friends really. I don't really have many friends.

In fact it's the opposite to my parents. People seem to hate me. At school and all that. Girls in my class ridicule me horribly because of my ethnicity and because I'm either "Prince's daughter" or "Selena's daughter" I'm never just me. They call me confused because I'm Mexican American AND African American. As if that's my fault.

Earlier that day I opened my gifts momma and daddy had given me and I was so so happy. I was given art books and pencils and all types of things to do with art. If you haven't realised. I love to create art of any kind. Weather it be drawing or painting.

But one thing was on my mind. Daddy. He wasn't here. He didn't see me blow out my candles. In fact he hasn't seen me all day. Only this morning when he gave me my presents then he was straight into the studio.

"Big 13 kiddo, your a teen now reina" my uncle Andre told me smiling. I just blushed gently as I watched my mother mutter something to my grandmother before shaking her head. I know she's mad dad missed it too. He missed singing happy birthday to me and that's a big deal to momma. Birthdays in general are a big deal to momma.

While everyone sat and chatted in the living room I walked into the kitchen to my momma. "You okay baby?" She asked smiling as she gave me a hug. I hugged her tightly taking in her comfort. "Momma where's dad?" I asked.

I seen the fury in her eyes as she thought about it. "He's recording with Judith. He promised he'd only be a few hours and would be back in time for the cake." She said angrily before quickly boiling the kettle. "You want some cake now, before dinner?" She smirked at me. Momma and I love the same things food wise. Chocolate, pizza, Fizzy drinks anything she likes really I like. I don't like dads rabbit food.

"Yeah, but can I go see dad real quick?" I asked "yeah. He's recording in studio A so remember to knock baby" she said before I ran off.

"Reina where you going!?" I heard a little high pitched voice yell. "To go see dad" I growled at my little brother "don't follow me nosey".

Knocking on studio A's door I heard my fathers voice call for me to come in. Walking in, there he sat in his swingy chair at the scales as Judith sat in the recording booth. "Dad..." I said gently as I seen he was writing something. "Just a sec" he said before scribbling down more notes.

I just rolled my eyes. He doesn't care does he? He's probably forgotten it's my birthday already. "Dad!" I said loudly in anger. He looked up at me from where he was sitting with anger in his eyes, that immediately changed to an apologetic look. "You missed the cake" I said angrily.

"I'm so so sorry Reina" he told me "I completely forgot!" "Yeah" I said sadly before walking towards the door. "Baby!" He called for me to come back but I just walked out and slammed the door. "Reina, you want tea with your cake" my momma asked me.

I was about to snap but I stopped myself. I take after my dad - having bad temper, but I am not about to take this out on my momma today. She's done nothing but slave all day to make this day special. Unlike dad.

"No momma I'll be fine, I don't feel hungry anymore. I think I'll go take a nap for a little bit" I told her smiling. "Did he say anything mean to you?" She asked with concerned but stern eyes. Let's face it. Moms know everything. So she could tell something was up right now. But I was not about to snitch on dad.