CHAPTER: 2

"Nooo!" I heard my dad squeal at me "put your hand here... not there" he told me as he repositioned my hand on his black piano. I sighed, I knew asking my dad to teach me how to play would be a bad idea. He's a perfectionist.

"Now press down on that key, but leave that one out and the black one" he told me as he stared at my hand. "I don't get it..." I said scrunching my face up.

"I don't wanna do this anymore" I sighed, more than frustrated that he wouldn't let me do my own thing. He gave me a quick side eye before momma came into the studio. "Reina, you should be getting ready for school..." she told me "ok" I sighed at the thought of school. God how I hate that place.

Walking up stairs quickly, I dashed to my room realising I had to leave in half an hour. Closing the door behind me, I undressed from my pyjamas and quickly slipped on my jeans and a comfy tee shirt. Putting my hair up into a decent ponytail, I was ready to go eat breakfast.

Entering the kitchen I could smell the familiar, delightful scent of my dads pancakes. Dads pancakes are the best. They've became my comfort food recently. Having to deal with being back at school with those bully's has been stressful.

"What's up old man" I giggled as I took a seat at the island to receive a death glare from my father. "I hope you've got your homework done, I won't be getting any phone calls today I suspect" he said with a serious tone. Ugh I will never live that moment down.

I didn't do my maths homework yesterday and my teacher decided to embarrass me in front of the whole class, who already ridicule me enough, by showing them my undone homework and she threatened to call my parents. In an attempt to be cool I said "call them!" God that was a bad idea. My dad had to come pick me up. Just because of that stuck up teacher.

"Nope... it's all done" I smiled confidently "Good" he said as he continued to flip the pancakes, making my mouth water.

"Hey Reina" I heard my little brothers voice call. "What do you want" I growled sarcastically "momma told me to get breakfast, she doesn't feel too good" Mattie told me, immediately grabbing my dads attention.

"Did momma say she'd take you guys to school?" He asked Matias curiously. "No... she asked me to ask you, daddy" Mattie told him. "Oh... well I can't take y'all to school today, I've got Kingdom Hall" he told us as he served us our long awaited pancakes, cooked perfectly.

I thanked Jesus. We're gonna get the day off! If nobody can take us to school, then we have no other option! Plus it's Friday! An extra day added to our weekend! That's when my whole world crumbled "Kirk can take you guys" my dad said as he sat facing us with his fresh cup of coffee.

Mattie stuffed bits of his pancake into his mouth, filling his cheeks like a squirrel. But me. I was having full blown panic attacks inside of myself. "Dad please no! Anyone but him! Uncle Morris even! Anyone but him!" I begged my father as I grabbed his hand from across the island.

"Your so dramatic" he laughed "what's so bad about Kirk" he asked. "Dad! He's creepy! I don't like him" I said. Just then, in walked kirk.

"Y'all ready to go?" He asked smiling. No. I glared at my father who glared back at me playfully. Matias ran into daddy's arms and giggled as daddy kissed him repeatedly on the cheeks and neck. "Have a good day buddy" he said.

Now it was my turn to say bye to my dad until after school. I fell into his arms willingly and clung to his black coat "say goodbye to me dad, this will probably be the last time. He's gonna kidnap us" I said being over dramatic but I seriously was fearing this. Feeling my dad chuckle into my neck, he kissed that same spot, before pulling me to face him "he'll stick 10 minutes of your annoying behind and give you straight back to me" he giggled before fixing my shirt, that had drawn up "stay out of trouble, ok?" He warned me "ok" I smiled. "I love you" he told me kissing my cheek. "Love you too" I frowned walking away from him.