CHAPTER: 5

He had changed. That's to say the least. Changed completely. He wasn't the loving overly affectionate papa bear I once knew. He now hid away. Sleeping in studio B at night and locked away in there all day writing and playing, writing and playing. He only came out to use the bathroom or once a day to eat a light salad. He'd refused to speak to momma and hardly looked at Matias or me for 2 months.

This had changed him as a person. He was closing himself away from everyone. In the safety of his studio where we couldn't love him. Couldn't make sure he was eating or monitor at least a little how many pills he was taking. I knew momma was going to divorce him any time soon. She has been at her wits end. But that isn't my main fear. My main fear of finding him one day in there dead.

As I laid on the couch while my brother sat on the floor watching Sponge Bob. I remembered how dad would be here every day at this time. He and Matias had a tradition of watching Sponge Bob every day at this time together, cuddled up, giggling with each other at there favourite program. Now my little brother sat all alone. I know he was more than hurt and confused as to why dad was acting like this. Why momma was so depressed and crying all the time.

This was a major life changing experience that my dad went through. I'll give him that. But I don't get why he'd do this to us. At least say good morning and good night so we know he's ok. At least spend a little time with your young son.

"You think daddy will need to pee soon?" Matias asked me. This was truly breaking my heart. "I don't know, you wanna talk to him about something?" I asked. "Yeah, I just wanted to tell him all about this new episode" he smiled at me. Tears were welling up in my eyes. Wow. My dad is an actual asshole.

Walking out into the hallway I saw my momma walking towards me. "Hey honey" she smiled before hugging me. Just then the door of studio B opened and my dad came out, glancing at us before quickening his pace towards the bathroom. He looked pale and thin.

As the bathroom door slammed my momma broke down. I quickly hugged her. "I can't do this anymore... I'm sorry for showing my weakness around you baby... but this is too much for me. I'm gonna file for divorce" she told me.

"I'll talk to him" "he won't let you in hon... I've tried. Almost every night I try. He has the door locked and he just plays his music louder." She told me. "I don't care. He'll let me in".

While he was still at the bathroom, I quickly ran into his studio, closing the door behind me as it was left and I sat on the couch. The room was dim, only lit by the candles scattered everywhere. I stared at his desk, scattered with notebooks and photo albums. His guitar laid across his scale board, plugged in. It was obvious, he had been well occupied.

As the door opened, I watched as he walked in, not noticing me, and slamming the door behind him, securely locking it.

As he turned, he saw me and gasped in surprise. "Reina..." he whispered. "Mhm... why are you in here all the time. Why did you stop loving us" I asked him bluntly.

He stared at me intensely. "I love all three of you" he said. I took a moment to take in his appearance. He didn't look anything like my dad. He looked rough.

He was as pale as a ghost, his short sleeved shirt showed just how thin he had gotten. He looked like someone who was dying. Or already dead even.

"Mommas filing for a divorce" I told him. I watched as his chest heaved, his breathing quickening in panic and fear. "She's gonna move out soon and we're coming with her. We'll come visit you but there's no point in living here if you don't want us around." I said as tears came to my eyes.

"Ok..." he whispered as he sat down on his chair. "You don't care do you" I scoffed. "I'm not the one leaving. You are" he said, his hazel eyes dark brown in anger.

"Whatever" I sighed getting up. "I'm cheating on her anyway. She can go fuck" he told me. My heart literally broke right then and there. "Your the most selfish person I've ever met. I hate you" I told him before running out and slamming the door as hard as I could.

The tears were never ending as I sobbed into my pillow. How? How could he do this to my momma? Who? Who was he cheating with? Judith? Andy? Meron? The questions raced my mind as my heart ached. He doesn't care. He hates us. He doesn't want us anymore.

Hearing my bedroom door open anger filled my body "get out!" I yelled as I turned to look at him. Instead I seen Matias who stared at me with wide eyes. It didn't help he looked like a mini version of dad witch helped me to keep an angry face for a moment then, I realised.

"I thought you were dad" I told him. He closed the door and quickly ran into my awaiting arms. "Did you go see dad?" He asked as he snuggled with me in bed. "Yeah... I hate him" I told my little brother. "You can't... nobody could hate daddy. He's the best" "that's what you think buddy. You just don't worry. Your too young" I sighed.

Princes pov

As I stared at the pictures in the photo album, my smile was so wide. Seeing the picture of my wife and I, our first dance. How she was smiling so brightly into my face. How happy I looked. My smile was achingly wide as I relived the happiest 13 years of my life.

Staring at the picture of Reina and her baby brother, seeing how young they were made me giggle. How innocent they both were and still are. Turning the page to see a picture sel had caught of us at the beach, just last year. Reina and I collecting seashells as her brother snuck up behind us with a bucket of water, ready to soak us, that cheeky little grin so much like my own.

I smiled, my heart sore remembering how much fun we had. As I looked around my studio to find my other photo album, I was immediately brought back to earth and the anxiety and fear hit me. My family are just outside that door yet I'm in here, hiding away, secretly wishing I was with them but ashamed of who I am.

I am disgusting. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. I looked a mess. I was a mess. I needed to make this right, somehow.

Walking out of my studio, I was desperate to see my wife, drop to my knees, and beg for forgiveness.

Seeing her walk into the kitchen I followed. "Selena?" I asked as I quickly walked up to her. "Get away from me... please just stay away" she told me. "Sel... please baby" I begged as tears came to my eyes.

"Why would you do this to us prince!? Take your mistake out on your family!? I'm sorry but that's not how shit works in this household" she screamed at me with tears streaming down her cheeks. I knew how much I hurt her. I just didn't know how to accept it.

"Selena I need you" I told her "well we needed you too, we all did. Those baby's did and so did I! You don't care about a thing except your fucking self!" She screamed as she literally broke down, collapsing in tears on the floor.

"Sel... I'm sorry" I said joining her. "Why don't we go to bed and cuddle this out huh?" I asked desperate for her to say yes. "Are you fucking kidding me. It's making me sick even looking at you right now" she told me making me put my head down. I know I was a mess. I know she was leaving me. I guess you just don't know what you got till it's gone huh?

-💜I know this is seriously short but I really wanted to change this story up a little bit. Hope you all don't mind I took a little time off. Love you all so much! Thank you for everything. Next chapter on the way!💜-