Chapter 2

3 Years Later

Athena Pov

"Mommy"

"Mommy"

"Mommy"

I felt tugging at my shirt

"yes, Grace," I said, opening my eyes, seeing her suck her thumb.

"yum yum," She said with her thumb in her mouth and rubbing her belly indicating she's hungry, I took a quick look at the time and saw it was 8:00 am.

"ok come on," I said, picking her up and walked into the kitchen and quickly made her a bottle of chocolate milk, she went to the couch and laid down. I took out my laptop and promptly searched up Elijah Moretti. Who's that, you may ask? Well, that is Grace's dad, aka my baby daddy. I found him on Instagram through the explore section, I also found out some other things, such as he is 6'3 and is a businessman, but the best part of it all is that he's the leader of the Italian mafia.

Since my father was in technology, he taught me how to hack into computers and get a lot of information within 5 mins and be untraceable, so I cut into his home computer and found out a lot of stuff without him finding out. Still, I didn't find any trace of me, which is good because I don't want Grace to find out about that lifestyle or him. Since he is the leader of the Italian Mafia, I took boxing and karate to defend myself, and now I have Grace taking some classes, but since she still is young, they just teach her the basics. I also have about four guns in my apartment; I took shooting lessons; some may say I'm paranoid, but I just like to be safe.

"Hey, hey," Penelope said, walking with breakfast from McDonald's

"titi," Grace said leaving her empty bottle on the floor and running to Penelope waiting arms

"how's my niece doing?" Penelope asked

"I'm a good girl, right, mommy?" Grace asked giving me her best puppy eyes

"that's right," I said already taking out the food

"good because look at what I got you," Penelope said and took a stuffed animal Frog out of her purse.

"it's cute; tanks titi," Grace said, hugging her and then running to our room to put it with the rest of her stuffed animals.

"Hey, how was the visit with your parents?" P asked me After I told them I was pregnant, I told my parents, and they were happy, but of course, my dad found out who was Grace's father, and we got into an argument, but now he's understanding, and they visit every chance they can to see Grace.

"It was good, they were happy to see Grace, and she was happy to see them," I said, beginning to eat my egg McMuffin.

"Where are they headed now?" she asked

"Thailand," I said

"lucky, it's so beautiful over there" P whined

"Yup," I said just as Grace came back and sat down next to me and began eating her eggs and pancakes.

"Grace, you like daycare?" P asked

"Oh yes, it's perfect," Grace said with a whole bunch of food in her mouth

"oh yeah, why?" P asked drinking some of my orange juice; I quickly gave her the evil eye

"mommy is there," she said, I graduated college when I was just reaching eight months, but I still did it, and after that, I gave birth to Grace and then took a few months off, I applied to work in an elementary school that had a daycare on the first floor, and I've been working there since.

"that must be cool, anyways, ladies; I have to go to work and will talk to you guys later," P said before giving us both kisses and locking the door right behind her.

"you want to relax today?" I asked Grace

"yes," she said, I nodded my head before grabbing our garbage and throwing it out.

"pick out a movie that you want to watch," I said as I started to clean the table, Grace came back dragging a blanket and a movie which I'm guessing is Frozen. Halfway through the movie I hear a lot of commotion outside and decided to check it out, I looked out the window and saw multiple cars and men dressed in black getting out and walking to our building. I got a bad feeling, and it wasn't until I heard them breaking the door downstairs; that's when I ran to Grace.

"Grace we need to go," I said quickly grabbing her sweater and putting it on her and slipping her uggs on

"why?" Grace asked,

"were taking a trip, but you need to be quiet ok?" I asked she automatically nodded her head

"ok good, remember your bag underneath your bed go get it and get your stuff animals and don't forget your blanket," I said, she nodded and ran to our room, while I quickly lifted the cushions from the couch and took one of the guns and put in the pocket of my pajama pants. I push the bookcase against the door and then pushed the sofa against the door. I quickly grabbed my sweater while running to the kitchen and grabbed my gun from underneath the sink; then I ran to my room to see Grace shoving as many stuff animals as she can in her bag. I grabbed my duffle bag from underneath my bed, quickly slipping on my running shoes and making sure to grab everything we need, such as cash, cards, passports, my laptop, and our clothes. All a sudden, you hear someone banging on the door, and bullets start flying.

"Grace, we gotta go," I said as we grabbed our coats and headed towards the fire escape that is in our room.

"Mommy I'm scared," Grace said grabbing my hand

"Mommy got you," I said as I picked her up and quickly ran down the fire escape and started running through people backyards until we made it to my black jeep two blocks down. I promptly put Grace in her car seat and drove out of there and quickly called Leah.

"hey" Leah answered

"Leah, I gotta leave out of town, they found us," I said as I felt my hands shaking.

"who?" she said

"I don't know, but they weren't with Elijah, so it had to be one of his enemies cause they started shooting," I said trying to stay calm

"omg, are you guys ok?" she asked frantically

"Yeah, we gonna get out of town, I won't say where but do tell Penelope and Brody, I love you guys," I said

"We love you too," she said hoarsely you could tell she was crying

"bye," I said and quickly hung up

"Mommy where are we were going," Grace asked

"on vacation," I said happily to show her that nothing is wrong.

"YAY!!" she said, clapping her hands, I drove us to the bank and took out a lot of cash. Good thing I thought ahead cause I already bought an apartment in the city under a different name. I drove to the gas station, filled up my car, and bought some sandwiches, snacks, and drinks.

"Mommy I have to pee," Grace said as she started crossing her legs

"ok come on," I said as I lead her to the back and had to pick her up cause no I wasn't going to allowed her to sit that nasty toilet after she finished we slipped back on her pull-ups, she's learning to pee in the bathroom, but I still have her wear pull-ups just in case. We went back to the car and headed to the city because it's so packed in the town it will make it harder for them to find us.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
I hoped you enjoyed it!!!
Vote, share and comment