Chapter 7

Elijah Pov

"give me the phone," she said, and you can hear the safety come off of a gun

"who's this?" She asked into the phone

"Hello darling," I said smoothly

"Oh Elijah what a surprise, how are you?" she asked sarcastically

"well, I've been here an entire week looking for a woman who had my child that I didn't know about. The Russians are trying to kill her, so it's been tiring what about you?" I asked as we pulled into traffic, I decided to make a run for it since it was only five blocks away.

"Oh, please like you would've believed me if I came to you saying I was pregnant," she said, and you can hear faint 'mommy.'

"oh looks like I gotta go but you better come get your guy," she said laughing into the phone, I was two blocks away

"let me hear her," I asked quickly to buy some time

"Why?" she asked confused

"BECAUSE THAT'S MY DAUGHTER" I growled into the phone getting impatient, it was quiet for a while before I heard a soft voice.

"Hi, this is Grace, who's this?" Grace said into the phone just as I enter the Walgreens

"Hi Grace, I'm Elijah," I said softly into the phone just as I pulled the bathroom door open to see Luca zip-tied to one of the stalls.

"there you heard her, also you thought I would still be there," she said, laughing hard.

"Athena" I growled into the phone

"Bye," she said and hung up

"Pain in my ass" I mumbled

"Really," I said to Lucas before going to him and taking out my knife and setting him free.

"Boss she's crazy," he said, massaging his wrist.

"I know," I said before walking out and seeing Jaxon leaning against our car

"Didn't find her?" He asked

"No, she was already gone," I said

"Track Lucas's phone; she was on it when I was here," I said before getting in the car and telling that driver to take us back. When we got back, I headed to the restaurant and met with one of my investors to talking about future business with him.

Athena Pov

Before Lucas found Athena.

Grace and I decided to head to Manhattan to do a little bit of shopping so she can decorate her side of the room to her liking. I decided to let her do that even though I highly doubt we're going to be here long enough, but I wasn't going to tell her that. So first we went to build a bear even though she already has enough stuff animals then went to get something to eat since it was already the afternoon. I needed to go to Walgreens to buy some medicine for Grace's cause this morning; she woke up with a bad cough. I got chills down my spine for a quick second and got this feeling that someone was following us.

"Let's go," I said, taking Grace's hand and running into Walgreens, I asked where the bathroom was, and the lady pointed to the back.

"where are we going?" Grace asks

"Mommy has to use the bathroom," I quickly said, opening the supply closet in there and closing it with us inside.

"Grace, you have to be quiet, hide behind the mops, and don't move unless I say ok?" I asked

"ok" she mumbled, I hear the bathroom door open

"she went into the bathroom, but when I went in to follow her she wasn't there, I even checked all the stalls," an unfamiliar voice spoke into a phone, I peeked through the crack of the door, and once I saw his back to me, I knew this was my opportunity.

"That's because I'm right behind you, asshat," I said quickly grabbing my gun and pointing to the back of his head, he froze.

"give me the phone," I said turning the safety off my gun letting him know I mean business

"who's this?" I asked tucking the phone between my ear and shoulder

"Hello darling," I remember that voice anywhere

"Oh, Elijah, what a surprise, how are you?" I asked sarcastically As I took a zip tie from my back pocket and grabbed the guy by the ear and dragged him into one of the stalls and tied him.

"well, I've been here an entire week looking for a woman who had my child that I didn't know about. The Russians are trying to kill her, so it's been tiring what about you?" he asked as I went into the supply closet and grabbed Grace

"Oh please like you would've believed me if I came to you saying I was pregnant," I said

"mommy" Grace whispers pointing to the guy that I just zip-tied, I waved bye to him

"oh looks like I gotta go, but you better come get your guy," I said, laughing into the phone as Grace waved goodbye to him, and he just looked shocked.

"let me hear her," he asked quickly

"why?"

"BECAUSE THAT'S MY DAUGHTER" he growled into the phone

"say hi," I whispered to Grace just as we arrived at the train station.

"Hi, this is Grace, who's this?" Grace said into the phone; she smiled into the phone

"there you heard her. Also, you thought I would still be there," I said, laughing hard.

"Athena" he growled into the phone

"Bye," I said before throwing the phone in the garbage can and going underground to the train.

"who was that?" Grace asked as we got on the train and sat down

"That was my friend," I said

"Are we gonna see him again?" she asked hopefully

"I hope not" I mumbled

We got home safe, ate dinner, and I was able to put Grace to sleep; for me, it took a while to go to sleep with the fear of Elijah finding us.

I later woke up to someone slamming their hand into the mouth, and I struggled against them.

"shhh," the person whispered in my ear, putting a gun to my forehead, I froze because Grace was in bed next to me.

"Well, isn't it Elijah's baby mama," he said, laughing while he was trailing his finger from my cheek down to my breast. I try to feel for the knife that is under my pillow.

"looking for this," he said, pressing my knife against my cheek, making me bleed.

I knew I was screwed.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Vote, Share, Comment