Chapter 4

Elijah Pov

"Everyone up Now!" I growled for the guys to get up quickly.

"Alright, ya wanna know why we're headed to New York, right?" I asked as many nodded their heads

"So I had a night one stand with this girl, and she got pregnant with my daughter. The Russians found out before I did and planning to kill them both, so we're on our way hopefully to get them first before the Russians do" I said

"Also remember we don't need people knowing that we're here to keep the damage to a minimum and strap up guys," I said crossing my arms across my chest as they all nodded their heads

"these are the two people that we are looking for, Athena and Grace Peirce, Athena is 24 and Grace is three years old, remember their faces," Jaxon said as he passed out their pictures.

"boss she does look a lot like you," One of my men Lucas said

"yeah I know," I said, the flight attendant came out and announced that we were landing for us to take out seats. After we landed, we all headed out into our cars and drove an hour to where Athena lives. We pull up to her apartment building to see some people outside her building and pointing to one of the windows.

"go, go, go," I yelled, and my men ran out and into the building, I made sure my gun was loaded before I followed right behind them. We got to the second floor and saw one of the doors smashed open, I hurried in, and everything in the apartment is trashed.

"It seemed like she knew they were coming," Jaxon said, slightly out of breath

"how you know?" I asked as I started going through their stuff

"look at the bookcase and where the couch is at, not to forget to look at the alarm, so she knew they were coming," he said pointing out things out

"that must mean she knows who I am," I said, looking to see that the alarm she had was state of the art.

"most likely," Jaxon said, I walking into the bedroom so see all of their clothes were thrown around, you can see Grace Disney princess bed all broken, and some of her stuffed animals heads cut off.

"Boss, the fire escape was used; she probably left through there," Drake said, talking through the walkie-talkie.

"check for fingerprints," I told him

"Jaxon go through the security camera within a four-block radius," I said

"got you," he said before leaving the room and quickly getting on his laptop

I went into her walk-in closet and looked through a lot of stuff, I found an unopened box in the back and inside was a baby sonogram I'm guessing, but it looked like a blob, I looked at the date it was a month after we had sex, I'm guessing from the time and year. I moved some papers around and saw some colorings that Grace did. I put the sonogram inside of my suit.

"Boss we're done," Drake said coming into the room

"Alright, let's go, burn it up," I said and started walking downstairs. I was about to head inside the car when I saw a girl across the street watching me. She looked shocked to find me, but she wasn't Athena.

"Boss it's Athena's fingerprints on the fire escape," Lucas said

"good," I said before I cross the street to the girl before she can run off, I quickly grabbed her upper arm.

"Is it Leah?" I asked she froze

"it is, nice to meet you," I said with a smirk

"fuck off," she hissed as she tried to break free. Instead, I slammed her against the mailbox right behind her.