Chapter 7

I can't sleep. Today was just too exhausting. I have only been here since yesterday evening. I am still not used to this place. Lying here on the bed , I realise what a strange life I am living. I smile thinking of how I cursed the author for writing such a shitty novel with a foolish protagonist. Life is such a wonder. At that time I would have never imagined I would be here , lying in this ancient looking bed.

[Host]

I unconsciously stand up looking for the source of the voice. Realising it's just the system, I relax. 'You surprised me.'

[...]

I sigh. Guess I am stressed.

'What did you find?'

[Host... There's been a disturbance in time. ]

I nod urging him to keep speaking.

[This is a reversed world. Apparently your dear necromancer has a divine treasure belonging to the outer universe. It allowed him to reverse the time on his death bed.]

I sit there taking in and processing his words.'So I needn't save him from the protagonist.'

[Host he won't befriend the protagonist but Wu Bi is now on Caihong's black list.]

'Crap. This shit just got even more shitty. Can't he try and abstain from forcing himself to die another miserable death? Is revenge really so sweet?'

[The level of this world has risen from B to A.]

'Goddamn Caihong. Doesn't he realise the protagonist is off limits?'

[Except for you, host, who else knows that protagonist is protagonist?]

'He's just gonna die sooner like this.'

[Not necessarily]

After a moment of silence.

'Tell me'

[Host he has the time reversing clock. He will not cease to exist.]

My eyebrow rises in realisation and I lie down relaxed,'Good. He's secured.'

[Host this is dangerous for you.]

'Why?'

[You will die if he reverses the time.]

I sit up at a neck breaking speed ,'What?'

[If he reverses time, you will cease to exist.]

'That... That guy said if I die I will go back to my world, it ain't true ?', I feel nervous. I feel very nervous. Just like one feels before giving his or her very first speech in front of a bunch of assholes who love to see you shiver and sweat in panic. I don't know if I can save Caihong. Hell I am not even sure I will ever be able to meet him.

[Host. He's not really a spirit of literature as you mentioned he told you. The one who sent you here is a spirit of Chaos. He picked you up since you piqued his interest. Other than that I don't really know why he sent you here.]

°_° Goddamn it. I got tricked. Shit, seems like if I couldn't help him survive, I will be the one eliminated not him.

Sighing, I lie down on my bed. It feels too much to think about. Death, revenge, rebirth and spirits. It's all a huge mess.

[Host...]

'Yeah?'

[......]

[You are being way too calm.]

'It really does feel like shit.', I sigh once again. I am not a loud guy. I am not saying I am a super calm and rational person. Infact, I have already cried till I am drowning and have started banging my head in my mind. I am way too lazy to act it out in real life. Sigh. I should have started being less lazy before coming to my end. Should have completed all those stories I left half done and all those things I thought I would do when I have free time. Ah.. I am really so depressed thinking about those half done things.

[Host you are not dying so soon....]

'Ah by the way what is your name? I don't wanna die without even knowing that.' After all he's the first friend I made after all that mess, I left behind in my real life.

Staying silent for a whole, his cold voice comes again.

[Host . I am a system. ]

'Ah that's a sad thing to not even have a name. If you had a body, I would have given you a "don't be sad" hug . Well since it's like this, I should atleast do something worthwhile since I am alive.,' after thinking for a while, I finally find a name,'How about Xu Shi?'

[Host. This is not the time to play...]

'Then it's decided. From now on you are Shi.,' I am very happy.

[Host what does 'Shi' mean?]

'.....'

[You don't know?]

'It sounds good but.' I mean I am proud I found a decent name. When parents get babies, they search all day long for a good name and yet come up with strange ones. While I did a pretty good job within a few seconds.

[Host, since you are getting more and more pitiful and it's too painful to watch you, I will tell you something good. I managed to procure an excellent item for you. ]

I sit up again in glee,'Really?'

[Yes. The Golden Snake Whip. It's very powerful and not so hard to learn. I think you will be able to become pretty strong if you are able to master both, the whip and the bow. Besides being very powerful since it's from a spirit, it also has faint consciousness by which it's bound to you so no one can steal it from you.]

'Uh hu.. Sounds amazing. How long will it take to learn it??'

[How good are you in practicing, host?]

'Ok ok Let's go out and practice a little. I am leaving this sect tomorrow so I will have less time to practice tomorrow.', I walk out with the original Xu Zhu's bow.

[You are leaving the sect, host ?]

~~~~~~~~~~~↖(^▽^)↗~~~~~~~~~~~~