Morning Flight

If I had thought Harry was the touchiest person I had ever met before we decided there was a 'we', I was in for a revolution when he lay down his arms and pulled me into them. My family was lovely and I knew they loved me, but physical affection was something I didn't have much of, and the words 'I love you' were not words we shared very often. At home, it was more, 'I made you a cuppa', 'wanna come watch this with me,' 'you assface, give me back my chair.' And random hugs and head kisses and waist squeezes were more than rare. We hugged on thrills and heartache alone.

Harry, I realized, as I watched him hang up FaceTime with his mom, hugged on every feeling, and kisses were given as often as rain fell in England.
They both kissed the screen. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen, he was this mix of little boy and grown man. He'd rolled over to answer his chiming phone, his bare ass on full display as he climbed out of the covers I was equally naked under. And he just answered the video call. He pulled the blanket up over his nether regions, left his tattoos open for perusal, the marks I'd sucked on his chest in the shower too. He didn't even press a lone finger to his sleep swollen mouth at me.

I wasn't sure if it was a complete lack of boundaries or it spoke to a level of love and intimacy I'd never know .

After happy hellos and discussions of the week passed and today's plans, which for Harry included heading to LA and apparently Cal's, the band's photographer's, house, the call ended on admonitions to be good, with me catching the knowing inflection in his mum's voice. His cheeky rejoinder was he would at least, "Be good at it!" I would have laughed if my jaw wasn't scraping the ground floor. Then there were 'I love you's' that ached with longing and a promise and wish to be home soon, Then, that forever your baby kiss. I was shocked and endeared. Turns out these would be emotions synonymous with being more than Harry's best friend. I was shocked by his constant affection and endeared by, well, basically everything about him. Frustration would be their companion, but I hadn't met her yet.

He sighed as he put the phone back on the slick white table next to the bed, and the sound was like the one I made when finishing a beloved book I know I'll never get to read for the first time again.

Harry then turned his face to me and blew out a breath. His phone call had greased the gears of his voice, but it was still croaky, deep, and delicious.

"Morning Melly!" he said into my awestruck face and tackled me down underneath him. Once he was comfortable laid upon me, he kissed the very top of my nose. "Sleep ok?" Then he laughed like he'd made a funny joke.

"I slept okay." At that he wheezed in my face. "Are you laughing at me?" Had I not been naked and feeling tender, both between my thighs and over the big revelations of the night before, I would have been powerless not to laugh with him. He was incandescent in the streaming light of the curtains we had forgotten to close. A candle that defiantly shone brighter than the desert sun streaming in through the window.

"Oh, look at that face." He tweaked my nose. "How do you manage to look like you are about to say 'We are not amused' with all the primness of the queen mum when you are in the altogether?" At this he tweaked a spot lower down just hard enough I thought it might bruise.

"Ouch!" I pushed at his chest. "That hurt you asshat! Stop laughing at me!"

"Can't help it, you are so cute with your boogery eyes and your affront after drooling all over me and snoring and sighing my name all night." He giggle-snorted and started tickling me.

"I do not snore," I hiccupped as his hands flew over me. Why he loved tickling me so much I'll never know, but he did. It made more sense to me in that moment, since I was bare, and his wiggling fingers moved over thigh and ass and nipples. This tickle attack also went on a bit too long. My legs swung out and I lost all control of my wild limbs. I was only a little bit sorry when I kneed him in the balls.

"Oooohhhh," He groaned and fell back off of me so he was laid out sideways on the bed. His hands cupped his affronted nether regions and I decided to show some pity, or give him a taste of his own medicine.

I pulled myself up over him and kissed his face. "Oh, I'm sorry baby."

"You should be!" He huffed. "Those are precious, my bits." He cut his eyes sideways at me and I knew he was going to be adorably cheeky even before he bit his bottom lip. "In fact, I think you should make it up to me."

I sat up beside him then and tried to hide my intense fond. I narrowed my laughing eyes, "Oh, do you, and how should I do that, H?"

He moved his hands from his crotch and pulled me over him to a straddle. "Firstly, enough of this H business, more of the baby bit--"

"Hmpf," was my elegant response as I sat myself firmly on his hips. I may have wiggled.

"Yeah." He was a little breathless. "And you can do that again." He smirked at me. "You could also.." he trailed off and gripped my hips to rock me back and forth over the hardening I could feel filling the gap between our bodies.

I had intended to tease him, but found myself breathless as well. So I rocked along with his rhythm though I felt shy doing this in the daylight. The broad daylight that was pouring in the window like an open fire hydrant. "Like this?" All the tease had left my voice.

He nodded. "Just like that," His voice was still deep, but smooth and thick like peanut butter. He threw his head back when the tip of him found itself grown into the empty space between my swelling labia. I bit my lip hard to stop the sound that wanted to spread over me when I looked down to see him glistening, the head of his dick peeking out from its new burrow. "Melody." His hand reached up and pulled my upper lip from my teeth's grip and rubbed the the flesh he'd ransomed. "I wanna hear you," and he let me hear him too at the end of that sentence.

Lost for words, again, I nodded and gasped when he angled my hips back so more pressure was put on my center. He liked the noise and concentrated on that spot until he got more noise. I found some words, surprising us both, "Fuck, Harry!"

His eyebrows shot up at that and he angled me down and just the head penetrated my vagina. I pressed down on him until the flared lip of his tip popped inside. It was the best sound I'd ever heard, better than his singing, or even my name on his tongue. But it also startled me awake. I didn't know of such a thing, and though I exhaled in relief at first, I yanked myself off him seconds later.

"No." he gripped me. "Where did you go?"

"Condom! H!" I exclaimed and moved to the bedside and looked around lost. "Um, where should I look?'

He killed me a little less softly then when he wrapped a hand around his anointed shaft and pulled it up and down, his foreskin swallowing his head and releasing it.

"Melly," he said a little impatiently.

"What?" I found his face again and his eyebrow was quirked and his grin was so wide he looked like the joker.

"I said," he emphasized with a chuckle. "That they are in the side of my brown leather bag."

I tripped over my feet to get retrieve my prize and held it up like an hard earned dollar bill. "Got it!" I danced to the bed, and was so happy that we could still be us, goofy and glad, while we were naked and 'us'.

He welcomed me back when I clambered back on top of him a mess of long limbs and enthusiasm. He sat up and hugged me affectionately before taking the condom from my hand. He ripped it open and handed it to me. "Here, this is a little lesson for you."

I raised an eyebrow and was about to beg off when he said, "Dare you!"

I got distracted then, kissing him with every bit of me, the girl from Sydney, the make-up artist on the road, the writer I wanted to become, but mostly the girl in love with the boy who knew all of her. He kissed me back, vigor in his lips and praise in his fingertips until I was rocking on his lap and we were about to have a repeat of our previous performance.

"Wait, wait." He lay back and handed me the condom and I looked at him a little helplessly, like my nails had just been varnished. He rolled his eyes and took ahold of himself, pointing north. "Pinch the tip, put it over the top of my dick, and roll down, as smoothly as you can, until you get to the base."

I was a smart girl, I was fairly confident in that, and this maneuver didn't seem complicated, until I had to bring both my hands to his penis and found them shaking. Harry quieted them, by helping me. He pinched at the top and I rolled, and we had him skinned quickly.

"Ready?" He held himself at a helpful angle and I tried to slide on, but found the move not as smooth as I had hoped. I winced and he stopped me. "Hold on babe," he said and picked me up, like I was weightless, and placed me over his face. With nothing to grab on to in response and having lost a hold of myself, I grabbed at his hair and pulled. He groaned.

"Sorry!" I squeaked.

"Nuh-uh," was all I heard, but his response was clear in his eager mouth. His tongue slipped into my channel and I rocked over it for a moment before I realized. I looked down, and the sight of him beneath me and the frantic way he shook his head in rejection of my nerves found me sliding back and forth again.

"Holy shit," I grunted, grunted really, and pressed down on him, until he pushed me up an inch or two.

"Easy, baby." He moved me back and sucked my sensitive nub into his mouth and had me howling with my head back before I could stop myself. Just before the sizzle in my veins took over, he stopped.

"No!" I swore.

He laughed again, my favorite sound and said, "Easy baby," again before sliding me down his body. I could tell we had remedied our problem by the slick of moisture I left over his chest and happy trail.

I wanted to reach between us and grip him, line him up to home, but stopped my hand short. Sometimes, I think he read my mind, or maybe I was just obvious to him, because he grabbed my hand, and together we got the right angle. This time the head slid in easily, and the rest of him might have too, if I hadn't stopped my descent to look at his face. He was gritting his teeth and I reached forward, with the hand that smelled of us and caressed his cheek before smoothing my thumb over his lips. He bit that instead and I sank down involuntarily. My hair hit the base of my back, my neck was so elongated and he gripped my hips and gathered my hair softly to catch my attention.

"Melody, look at me!" I listened, and he caressed my flank taking both of my hands. I gripped his palms and used the leverage to go up and down, trying to find a cadence that felt natural in this new place where I was a novice and new it. Harry bounced off the mattress below him trying to find the rhythm of my discordant hips before he grunted when our pelvises clanged together like a toddler had a hold of the cymbals.

"Hold on Melody." So I held his hands tighter and he gripped me again and shook his head. "No, I mean stop."

"Why, am I not doing it right?" He had to hold me fast before I ran from the exposure I was feeling in the too bright room.

"No, no, everything is right. I just," he blushed and I felt those companion feelings again of confusion and endearment. "I just wanna look at you for a minute. Like this." He spread my arms wide and admired me. Had he not been inside of me and had his heart not been so full in his eyes, I would have covered myself. "The sunlight and the curtains..." He looked bashful for a second. "God, I am so cheesy, but you look a bit like an angel," he whispered the last word. And it was so silly, so incredibly corny, but he meant it and I loved it. I was ome ethereal being with wings, and his, so I used his arms as a ballast and found the tempo that had been eluding me. The bass line throbbed as we both sighed out the melody.

Harry suddenly gripped my hips to slow my motion and ran his arms us to my shoulders, maneuvering me down over him.

"Ok?" I asked.

"Mmhm," he nodded, our lips pressed close enough to feel the damp from his biting his lips and licking them. "Just need a minute." And I realized that he may have been here before, but not with me and that he was treading unfamiliar ground as well. I felt a communion with him beyond the mingling of our flesh into the marrow of my bones that released me so I obeyed the compulsion in me that asked me to bite his lip. As he had told me all those months ago, I could let go with him, fly free, and he would be with me and let me try things, do things, that may have seemed funny to me, maybe even funny to him, but this was the safe place to try them. So I bit his bottom lip and pulled it to me.

He moaned out loud and moved a hand to my flank again and started my motion while continuing the savage kiss I had initiated. His response caused a clench between and in my thighs. The grip I had on him seemed to suit and we rocked together until I rose above him and found my inner gymnast using my thighs. They ached as I continued to slide up and down at a trot. Harry had dilemma written all over his face. I could tell he did not want to stop, his eyes couldn't find a place to rest as he watched the reverb in my breasts, or the flex in my thighs, or the view of the place where he sunk into me again and again, but it was maddening to him. It would last longer if he closed his eyes.

He couldn't.

He licked a thumb and pressed it to my clit, rubbed for a moment, before settling on a more rapid and pleasurable flick until I lost my rhythm and fell on him. He held my hips then and pushed into me like he hadn't before, until his pulse stuttered too and we both came to a rest.

His kisses to the top of my head and his murmured voice brought me back to reality. "I could die, I could die." I finally caught his repeated phrase.

"What? What they hell are you saying?" Our shins were resting against each other and our breathes mingled, but our mouths were angled away from each other.

"Oh angel!" He sighed and squished his eyes, the crinkles in the sides made him a happy little sharpei. He really was a puppy, so I pet him. "I'm so happy!" Harry hyper-extended his necks and bussed my nose.

"You are so corny! Are you always like this with girls?" I asked without really wanting an answer and pulled off him grimacing at the sticky squelch.

"Shower." He grinned and pulled me after him. Putting on the taps to the heat I preferred, he stood behind me and we looked so mussed and mottled I couldn't care that I was naked. I was happy. I was happier when the shower started to steam over the mirror though. He hooked his chin over my shoulder and kissed the blade of my jaw.

He was humming "Angel of the Morning" and dancing us side to side. I laughed at his antics and quirk-furrowed my brow. He just shrugged.

"Seriously, are you always like this when you get laid?" I couldn't stop my mouth, but Harry was ever the good sport and his mood was unsinkable.

He stepped away from me to test the water and reached back to hand me inside before pulling me to him so that my front pressed to his under the streaming water.

"I'm just...." And he put my hand over his heart again, so we were both clutching his chest. "And no." He hid his face in my neck. "I've never been like this, not even last time."

That begged several questions, but they got stuck in my throat when he kissed me, deep and slow. The shower lasted longer than it should have, and we didn't even mind when we were throwing things in Harry's suitcase to join the convoy coalescing downstairs.

My stuff was mostly packed, I just needed to retrieve it from my room. I wondered where my bag would end up in LA, but I didn't ask, and Harry didn't tell.

We started some really bad habits that felt so good that week. We kissed instead of talked and we never had the heavy conversation needed. We were just us, together, and we spent a blissful week in the California sun. But my suitcase still slept with my brother while I still snuck over to sleep with Harry.

We said a tearful goodbye, before I made my way to the airport and Australia, home for five weeks. Our farewell was hidden, unspoken, like Harry's words. And I started to see red flags when I was waiting for Harry while I was in Australia. But I only ran up a white banner in response.

I was waiting, while he was growing. I missed him like an ache, but he seemed to find pain relief everywhere. My heart grew fonder, but I seemed to slip his mind when I was not in his field of vision.

By the time he made it down under for tour, even my phone was missing his call.