Life's a Beach

The sand between my toes was warm and a fine grit. I'd rubbed my heels into it happily when I had first laid myself upon the neon beach towel that I'd somehow been able to keep in my possession for the last several years. It was a record for sure. Though I didn't lose many things, beach towels were ephemeral items for me. I never seemed to be able to hang on to one for more than a season. The seasons lasted a good long time in Sydney, at least the season where you may need a beach towel. But losing them was an annual source of irritation for me.

Since the sand had been such a sweet sensation when I sat down, I'd extended my legs off my precious towel to dig my heels into the pleasurable friction. It reminded me of the feeling of high thread count sheets.

However, I was currently digging my heels into the sand for an entirely different reason. I needed to stay put, even though every single piece of me wanted to get up and go to my boyfriend.

My boyfriend, that was what Harry was to me. Secret boyfriend though he may be. Which is what had created my current dilemma.

My boyfriend was very close to me. And he was nearly naked. His yellow shorts were the size of a postage stamp and I reckoned they must have some kind of netted cage within them, otherwise there was no way what I knew to be lying between his gorgeous thighs was not falling out of the tiny inseam of those traitorous things. I knew his goods were in a cage. I could see them bound up together and it made me feel bad, like a rescue needed to be staged. But I'd already freed them repeatedly from the moment he was no longer a snot factory.

He had been the biggest and sweetest pain in the ass as a sick person. Once I had granted him his cuddles I had discovered that sick Harry was even more tactile than well Harry, and that when he was awake, but confined to a bed for not fun reasons he was chatty and needy. While we laid there, or he laid there and I fetched him room service, or tea, or the scrabble board, he had told me how he had gotten so sick.

"I could feel it coming on, but really, we were so busy that I was only sleeping like two hours a night. Did you know when you do a press junket they interview you all day? Like, they ask you the same thing over and over. It's so boring Mel! Like, Niall and I just started drinking games, took count of how many times they asked about if we were really friends and such." he looked contrite then. "Um, I'm sure the drinking didn't help either."

The second day, when he was feeling a little more spry and he was sulking because I had beat him at scrabble, finally, he made me spoon him.

"Harry, baby, I know I am tall, but you are still bigger than me!" I'd protested when he had trapped my hand after I had decided 20 minutes was enough time.

"Shhh.....Melly, It make me feel small and lovely. Which you already are, so just let me feel better, yeah?" That made me feel like my heart was two sizes to big, the opposite of the Grinch. So, I had stayed in that bed and cuddled him for another hour.

By day three, he was nearly well, but I still would not make out with him, or have sex, and he was whinging about it.

"But baby, please! I haven't seen you in weeks! And," he pouted those damn lips at me. "I missed you!" I was pulling myself from the bed where he had woken up, hard, from a nap, and immediately started humping my bum before asking if I wanted to "use it."

"Harry, you are still stuffy and I don't want your germs!" Though I was sure to get it with all the close contact. I'd drawn the line at kisses on day one.

"Melody," He'd given me a look that singed my clothes off, "Don't you want anything from me?"

Wanting him was not a problem. I may have been a novice, but I was eager. I wanted everything from him. But, lately, with his extra warm body pressed against me all night and half the day, I couldn't wait to have him take me. But I had waited, becuase he was ill and mucus is not an aphrodisiac. Harry was no longer sporting the runny nose, but he was giving me puppy eyes and that pout..So I gave in. And I kept giving it to him until I'd pulled my sweaty body off of his to get in the shower to come here with everybody