21-Parents and Punishments

Chapter 21

Previously:

        "We need to talk but right now we have a family meeting so it will have to happen later," I said. She nodded and then Dylan followed me downstairs, not talking to me. I honestly thought they looked cute, and I was okay with them going out they would be good to each other.

        My dad met us at the bottom of the stairs. Dylan hurried into the family room but I stayed when I hear the knock on the door.

        My dad nodded his head in the direction and I quickly opened it. There was no way I was disobeying dad at a time like this.

        "Hello, have you seen Dylan I really need to talk to him," my eyes widened at the person who stood in my front door.

        "Beth?"

        "Claire, it's nice to see you," she said smiling at me. I couldn't believe her nerve, she had broken my brothers heart when she cheated and now she thought she could just show up and everything would be okay?

        "What are you doing here?" I asked my voice sounding every bit as accusing as it was.

        "You know what guys I think I am just going to go, I will catch up with you later Claire," Kylie said walking down the stairs.

        "I don't get a goodbye?" Dylan asked peaking this head out of the entry to the family room.

        "If you want a goodbye get over here," Kylie teased and Dylan rushed over to give her a kiss. I had to turn away and give them privacy as it seemed they were sharing more than just a peck.

        "What do you think your doing?" Beth exclaimed rushing up to them.

        "What are you doing here Beth?" Dylan asked clearly annoyed by her presence.

        "What am I doing? What are you doing? Can you really move on that quickly?" she asked seemingly innocently.

        "Says the girl who cheated," Dylan said his voice almost a growl.

        "What am I just revenge to you?" Kylie asked clearly not thrilled. Her attention now turned from Beth to Dylan.

        "I didn't say that!" he said clearly frustrated.

        "Then what are you saying?" Beth said her finger pointed directly at Dylan.

        "We broke up! Okay and you seemed just fine with it a month ago, and now I am too," Dylan said pointed at Beth then he turned to Kylie.

        "And why would you think I would want revenge? I didn't think I would ever even see her again," he said turning to Kylie.

        "Well I think that you still want me back, like you said I was the okay one. So where dose that leave you?" Beth asked as she turned to walk out the door. "I will be here for the next week, if you change your mind I'll be at the only hotel in this stupid little town," she said and walked out the door.

        "And I told you I wasn't ready for a serious relationship yet," Dylan said turning to Kylie after Beth left. At that moment I wanted to slap my stupid brother.

        "I'll talk to you soon Claire, as for you, call me when you figure things out," she said the last part ment for Dylan. Then she left too. It turns out I wasn't the only Rivera with relationship issues.