Calm Before The Storm

Simon rolled his eyes in amusement and lifted Alvin’s legs onto the bed, which hadn’t made it all the way on the bed before Alvin had passed out cold, and then covered him up with the comforter before patting his head and leaving the room, hoping he would feel better. He had checked his temperature a while back, it had been highly over the average; probably from stressing out so much with everything thats been happening. Between suddenly caring about his grades and takeing on extra homework, practicing for concerts and being a major rock star, and running from those jock bullies at school that liked to beat him up.

He had tried to get a hold of Dave after finding out about Alvin's fever but he remembered that Dave was at an important meeting so he wasn’t answering his phone.

So he took it upon himself to take care of Alvin this time, Making sure he was feed and helping him ease the pain in his throat and head. Making sure he brushed his teeth and took a shower before getting in his PJ’s and into bed.

Now as Alvin Stretched out his arms and flexed his back, he felt a lot better than he did the previous night. Yawning, he got out of bed and crawled over to the bathroom, relieving himself and brushing his teeth before putting on his hood and following the scent of bacon downstairs into the kitchen.

Simon was sitting at the table reading the daily newspaper, and Theodore was cooking breakfast with Jeanette and Eleanor. Brittany was nowhere in sight, probably still in the bathroom making herself look “fabulous.”

Alvin let out another much needed yawn, making himself known.

Theodore jumped down from the counter, running up to his oldest brother and nuseling his head into his chest. “Hi, Alvin, you feeling better?”

Alvin patted his head, and nodded, “much better Theo, thanks.”

Simon glanced over to his other two brothers and smiled, Alvin did look better, though he was still worried. He had checked on him in the middle of the night, his temperature had risen slightly before dropping to almost a healthy level. It confused him to a degree, but he just hoped it wasn’t just because he was asleep. He hoped it wouldn’t come back, hoped that for once in his life he was wrong and Alvin wouldn’t suffer a relapse.

Alvin caught Simon looking at him and chose to sit in the chair next to him. He couldn’t express the appreciation he had towards Simon, he was so grateful for him at the moment and he almost didn’t know what to say. He had felt so horrible last night, the pain was almost unbearable, but Simon had been there doing whatever he could to ease the pain, even going as far as to pet his hair to relieve the head ache he had, dispute ho often they fought.

Alvin looked Simon in the eyes, deciding that a simple thank you wasn’t enough.  He got up and hugged his younger brother, swallowing his pride and just showing a bit of affection for the first time in forever.

Simon was shocked by the sudden affection, but returned the hug anyways. “Thank you, Si.” He heard Alvin say.

Simon fought the chuckle of embarrassment and smiled, petting Alvin on the back. He wasn’t much of a hugger… at all. But he loved his brother and he wouldn’t deny him so he didn’t push him away until Alvin pulled back.

“For real Simon, you were awesome last night.” This time Simon did chuckle.

“Sure bro, any time.”

Dave walked into the room just then, dressed in his lounging pants and a t-shirt. Greeting everyone with a good morning and taking over at the stove and serving the plates while the others sat at the table.

“Brittany!” Dave called, “breakfast is ready, I’m sure you look great, come join us.” He knew full well the chipette was probably in the bathroom trying to pick out which set of makeup she was going to wear today.

The chipette walked out of the bathroom. Dressed in her favorite pink dress and black jacket, with her hair up in a pink bow, and glossy lips with black mascara.

She sat across from Simon, next to Jeanette and Theodore. Dave looked towards Alvin, concerned father kicking in, “Alvin how you feeling, Simon told me you had a quit a high temperature last night.”

“I feel great Dave, Simon took good care of me.” He smiled as a plate was set in front of him, gobbling the bacon down first.

“That’s great, I’m sorry I didn’t answer your call Simon; I was in a very important meeting, it won’t happen again though I promise you that. But I’m happy to see that ya’ll are in good hands when I’m gone. Make sure to say something if you start feeling down again Alvin.” Hopefully he doesn’t, they have a concert later. He would have to sing with his brothers and the chipettes in front of millions of people.

Alvin nodded, humming a yes with a mouth full of food. Too distracted to look up but letting Dave know he was listening.

The day went by as any natural day, after breakfast they relaxed for a bit, saving their vocals for later before they had started getting ready to hit the road because it was a long drive to where they were heading and they had to be there by six.

Simon read a book the whole way, only pausing to role his eyes when Alvin did something dumb, like role down the window to let his freakishly long tongue flap out in the strong breeze before choking on a bug. Theodore and Eleanor colored while Brittany did hers and Jeanette’s make up. A couple times Dave had to stop the car because Theo was having trouble holding his bladder. Poor thing would be holding his crotch and crossing his legs trying not to let it spill until he got to the restroom. Thankfully, he didn’t have an accident… like he did when he and Dave first started getting acquainted with each other two years ago.

They made it to the studio with just enough time to eat something off the snack tray and warm up and go over the choreographic moves.

Alvin was grateful that his voice hadn’t been acting up like it was the night before, nor was he feeling sick with a sore throat. The relief he felt was indescribable; he could still sing.

He learned in health class once that talking or singing with a swollen throat can perminatly jack up your singing voice.

He didn’t know what he’d do if he ever lost his voice, never to sing with the group again.

...

Like usual, Thomas was the first person in line, buying the first ticket to the chipmunk concert, and the first in the auditorium, taking the spot right up in front by the stage. He smiled, taking pride in the dedication he had for the chipmunks. Nobody loved them more than he, not even their director.

He was their biggest fan, and he was ready to prove it to them.

He just needed them alone.

...

Guys by the way, the memes that I post with the chapters, I made them myself XD