Monknapped

Turn on your break lights
 You’re in the city of wonder!
 Aint gonna play nice!
 Watch out you might just fall under!
 Better think twice!
 Your train of thought will be altered!
 So if you must falter be wise!”

The chipettes sang powerfully, over the sound of fans screaming their names, they twisted and turned the original song into one of their own, changing it to fit how they sing as a group in an all new cover song. Their beautiful high pitched voices rang out and bounced off the walls of the auditorium as they jumped and danced around, lights shining off them and floating around where they stand to make their presentation all the more fantastic.

“Bum bum be dum bum bum be dum bum.
 Bum bum be dum bum bum be dum bum.
 Bum bum be dum bum bum be dum bum.”

Dave watched on behind stage, arms crossed and head nodding in approval and pride. The chipmunks sanding by his feet, dressed in white button up shirts and ties to match their signature colors. The chipmunks had already gone and they were nearing the end of their show. They just had to do the group song with them and the chipettes and they would be done and could go out on that fancy dinner Dave had planned.

When the chipettes got to the finale of their song, the chipmunks ran out and started singing the opening to their group song, flipping the girls and starting the dance.

“Be careful making wishes in the dar-dark
Can’t be sure when they’ve hit their mark
And besides in the mean-meantime I’m just   dreaming of tearing you apart.”

The chipmunks and the chipettes voices fit perfectly together, the melody they created could make other celebrities cry. They sang like angles, never missing a stanza and hitting their notes perfectly every time.

“My songs know what you did in the dark!
 So light’em u-u-up, light’em u-u-up,
 light’em u-u-up, I’m on Fire!
 So light’em u-u-up, light’em u-u-up,
 light’em u-u-up, I’m on Fire!
 Ohhhhhh! In the dar-dark.”

Alvin was starting to feel funny, not in the good way though, all the lights and the loud music were really starting to bother him. He didn’t let it affect him though, not even when his throat started to hurt and he started getting dizzy.

He fought it, ignoring it to the best of his ability and kept singing as powerful as he could, he couldn’t mess up; he was in front of thousands of people and this was live on television.

The song was almost over, he only had to deal with it for just a bit longer, the finale was so close.

He made it through, never stuttering and never faltering. He sang proud and strong with the other five, nobody even noticed he was in pain. He was proud of himself that he didn’t let anyone know, pushed the pain away long enough to make the fans happy.

But once the song was over and the curtains closed, the adrenaline shattered and he felt horrible. White hot pain sailed down his throat and his head was pounding. He heard a harsh ringing in his ears as he walked off the stage.

“Alvin?”

Wincing as he heard someone scream in his ear, he turned blurry eyes towards his brother Simon.

“Are you okay?” the concern in those blue eyes was clear to Alvin, though the three heads confused him. it was hard to breath, hard to think.

He groaned, suddenly his limbs felt like they weighed a thousand pounds and his knees started wobbling. His fur became damp with sweat as the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees. He shivered at the cold.