Chapter 12

I had Darci take me home, so I could shower and get dressed. It was still creepy walking in. I was expecting Andrew to be in every dark corner of the house. Darci waited for me like a champ, she didn't complain nor make any conversation about what happened. I knew she was confused as hell and wanted to ask, but I was glad she didn't. I didn't want to relive it nor did I want to talk about it. I just wanted to forget about him and move on with my life. 

I finished zipping up my bag when she finally said something. "I'm here for you. I just want you to know that." putting the strap over my shoulder I smiled at her. She nodded understanding that I needed time. We got into her car and started driving to her house. I was going to stay with her for the time being. It was still pretty early and visitation hours hadn't started yet. I still had some time before I headed to the hospital. 

Tyler didn't talk to either of us. I know he needed his space from me at least for a little while. And he ignored Darci just because I was with her. I laid on Darci's bed while she got ready herself. I could feel my eyes drooping down. 

***** 

"Why didn't you defend me?" Darla asked Chris while they were in the building heading up to the apartment. Chris just grunted not in the mood to talk. His jaw hurt like a bitch. He rubbed it sensually to try and soothe the pain. Tyler had one hell of a punch. 

"And was that the pathetic girl you were talking about? She's not even pretty. Oh god, can you imagine what the kid will look like. Poor thing will be ugly. Hopefully the kid gets all their looks from the father." Darla's arm was suddenly grabbed roughly. "Listen to me and listen well. You are still the bitch that left me. You made me think you killed my kid. We are not together. I am just helping you out because you are carrying my kid and your parents kicked your ass out. Don't start thinking anything different. I don't need to defend some whore. Bobbie is better than you are in every way. She is beautiful. Keep her name out of your mouth."

Darla's eyes turn into deathly slits. She glared at Chris so harshly, she could have put him ten feet under. She shoved him hard against the elevator walls. "Fuck you Chris. You're lucky I even told you about yo-"

"I'M LUCKY? ME? NO, get this straight Darla you're lucky. Lucky that I am a somewhat decent guy to let you stay here." the elevator door dinged. Chris stormed out first not wanting to listen to Darla's pestering and bitching. He was stupid enough to let her back into his home and into his heart. He knew he was losing feelings for Darla, but he still loved her. He just didn't like her at the moment. He didn't know why he said Darla's name when he was with Bobbie. It wasn't like he was thinking about her. Darla was the only girl he had ever been with and she was something he was used to. 

But his damn pride got the best of him. Why did he have to argue with Bobbie. Be such a jack ass to her. He couldn't understand it. And the way he acted outside. She was not a little girl in his eyes. It's just the thought of her and Tyler together. And she told him! He wasn't against her telling Tyler the truth, but he liked the idea of the baby being his. Bobbie was a good girl. Annoying pain in the ass, but she was his pain in the ass no matter how temporary. 

Darla slammed the door to his room. Rattling the walls slightly, pulling him out of his thoughts. He wished that he missed her. He wished he made it out sooner to talk to Bobbie. 

*****

"Bobbie...Bobbie wake up." I felt someone shaking me lightly. Blinking awake I saw Darci towering over me. 

"Let's go eat before we go to the hospital. Yeah?" I groaned and got up from the bed. Still trying to wake up from my nap my shoulder bumped into the wall. 

"OUCH!" I held onto my shoulder and rubbed. Grumbling and cursing under my breathe I heard Darci giggle. 

"Watch where you're going. I swear you're so clumsy ha-ha. Please we need you and the baby in one piece." Glaring playfully at her, I jumped into the passenger seat.  Feeling groggy I didn't bother with paying attention to where Darci was taking me. With a little nudge, Darci told me we were here. Coming out of my groggy trance I looked around to see we were at Kiki's Diner. Walking in I noticed a couple people sitting at a table. People that I haven't talked to in a while.