Chapter Six

Sarcastic Summary: The superhero trio of Steaming Pilot, Jedi Man, and Kissing Jedi Man have made it back to the Ghost.

Sabine and Ezra were seated at the table as Hera loomed over them. She had not calmed down at all on the walk back from Ezra's tower and just the very sight of her made Sabine flinch. Hera had always been a Mother figure to her, since her own Mother didn't care about her. Now it scared her that she could see the resemblance between the two when they were mad.

"Kanan!" Hera yelled, her expression not changing in the slightest.

Worried that something was wrong, Kanan came rushing in with a curious Zeb and Chopper, who had stopped their fighting to see what was happening. Seeing how mad Hera was Zeb and Chopper back up slightly before realizing that she wasn't mad at them. Chopper beeped a laugh as Zeb kicked him.

Kanan slowly walked over to Hera unsure of what to make of the situation. Sure Hera had been mad at Ezra before, when they first picked him up especially. Back then he was a scrawny kid with no manners, but now he was progressing into a fine young man. Sabine on the other hand had her occasional fight with Hera, but Hera never looked this mad at her.

"What's wrong?" Kanan finally asked, unsure of what was going on still.

"Why don't you ask them?" Hera responded, her voice like venom.

The entire crew of the Ghost turned to look at its youngest members. Instead of answering Ezra grabbed one of Sabine's hand and kissed her gently on the side of the cheek. Chopper nearly fell over from shock as Zeb just stared, not sure to make of the situation. Kanan just opened and closed his mouth several times before finally choking out a few nonsense sounds.

"Ezra really? I thought that we had talked about the no attachment rule?" Kanan asked, finally finding his voice.

"You're going to yell at me for having a girlfriend?" Ezra responded, disbelief in his voice. "Are we just all going to pretend that you and Hera aren't together now?

"That's different." Kanan told his apprentice, the war between them starting to heat up.

"How is that any different then Sabine and I?"

"We're older then you guys, I would be able to resist the pull to the dark side. You're still young and wouldn't be able to. We don't need another Sith Lord to fight."

"I survived on the streets for years, I don't need you to baby me. I know what I'm doing."

"Do you? Do you really? You're just a kid Ezra. You're just a kid trying to play Jedi." Kanan insistently regretted saying those words as soon as they left his mouth. He could see the flash of hurt on Ezra's face before it once again turned back to anger. Letting go of Sabine's hand he walked out of the room and down the ramp of the Ghost.

"Ezra I......"Kanan trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Sabine just stared down at her hands, completely silent as she waited for the yelling to be switched to her. It wasn't.

"I messed up, didn't I?" Kanan asked as he sat down where Ezra had been moments ago. Hera sat on the other side of Sabine and gave her lover a reassuring smile of the teenager between them.

The fire had been drained from Hera's eyes as she saw how hurt Ezra had been. She watched Sabine as she fidgeted nervously with her hands, still not looking up at any of them.

"Sabine?" Hera asked carefully, grabbing the girl's hand. No answer. Finally Sabine looked up at Hera.

"Can I go?" She asked, looking less like a fighter and more like a puppy.

Knowing what she meant Hera nodded and let Sabine by as she followed the route Ezra had taken.

That was more emotional then I thought. For the record I almost wrote this.

The war between them started to heat up like chicken noodle soup.

I just had to put that there. I spent five minuets laughing about it. Also make sure to check out my other stories.